New shocks for my 52 B-3-C

Hey Guys;

I am planning on doing a few upgrades to my daily driver truck. I have put about 30k miles on it and I think it is probably time for a new set of shocks. I put a very inexpensive set of Napa Gas shocks on it when I built it. They worked well but I think the ride is not as smooth as it was.

I am wondering if anyone has put a higher end shock on their truck? and if so how do you like them?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

So I guess there are not as many choices out there as I would have thought. With all the interest in vintage vehicles ...... and advances in shock technology I figured this topic would be better covered. But then maybe I am one of very few that use my truck a lot.

Oh I use my truck a lot, I just also bounce a lot.

3/4 Ton with helpers, pretty much hitting the helpers on every major bump.

Thinking about rubber between the helpers and their stop bracket just to lessen the noise when they hit.

Only way that I have found to smooth out my ride is with a full load of firewood.

1 hour ago, dcotant said:

Oh I use my truck a lot, I just also bounce a lot.

3/4 Ton with helpers, pretty much hitting the helpers on every major bump.

Thinking about rubber between the helpers and their stop bracket just to lessen the noise when they hit.

Only way that I have found to smooth out my ride is with a full load of firewood.

The factory helpers on my 1/2 B3B have rubber bump stops.  I was lucky in that the rubber pieces were still in serviceable condition.

26 minutes ago, bkahler said:

The factory helpers on my 1/2 B3B have rubber bump stops.

Say buddy, can you post a picture? I think mine are factory too, at least I have seen the exact same set up in pictures of other peoples trucks....

43 minutes ago, dcotant said:

Say buddy, can you post a picture? I think mine are factory too, at least I have seen the exact same set up in pictures of other peoples trucks....

Here are a couple of posts I've made on my thread with pictures of the overload bumper:

Overload bumper

Overload bumper

I can take a close up this evening as well if you want a better shot.

Brad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1