ARCTIC ADVENTURE 2012! — A P15-D24 Exclusive Thursday April 08 7:00 PST

Sponsored By  

Space Is Still Available, Jump Over To The Store To Get your Free Ticket!

Join Forum member Chris Bamford and good buddy Jerry de Jong on an epic two-week road trip past the Arctic Circle and up the ice to Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories, following the most northerly road in mainland Canada. Minus 35° weather? Got it. Stolen gas? No room at the inn? Narrow gauge railways? All that and more. Car troubles? You'll have to watch and see...

They are travelling by vintage flathead of course, specifically Chris' ratty original '47 D25 Canadian — owned by him for almost 30 years and washed at least that many times. The presentation includes some history of the car and all their preparations for a 5,000-mile journey in the dead of winter including an engine rebuild in the months prior.

P15-D24 Community members are invited to this first-ever Zoom on-line presentation, coming to your screen next Thursday, April 8 at 7:00 Pacific. The event runs about 1:15 including Q&A at the end and a short beverage and bathroom break in the middle.

To register, go the the Store, click on Tickets and order your free ticket. The presentation will be broken into two 30 minute segments.  

Important, make sure your registration email address is up to date and valid. A couple hours before it starts you will receive an email with the Zoom meeting information. Usually you just need to double click on the included link and you will go straight to the meeting.  
You can either download a copy of Zoom (zoom.com) to your computer or smart phone, or just view it in your favorite web browser.  

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

Can the session be recorded? 
Interested but will be on the road during. 

If I can I will record it. 

• Thanks 1

It was the same year Jaguar bragged in print and TV ads about making the trip in the then new 4 wheel drive Jaguar SUV.    Supposedly a big deal for Jaguar.  Wonder what their comparitive support crews looked like??

Full factory effort with ground crew and photo and video crews and probably an extra car or two. Vs a 70 year old Dodge and similar aged guys out on a beer run...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand the ticketing process. Why do we need a ticket and to put in our name and address ? When I completed I didn’t get a zoom link or anything? It didn’t ask for an email either . 

Will you post the zoom link here?

3 hours ago, ratbailey said:

Hi--I never received an email from Zoom, I assume that's what was supposed to happen? If anyone sees this in time, please message me...

It should have been an email from p15-d24.com with a link to a Zoom meeting. Sorry you missed it.

7 hours ago, TodFitch said:

It should have been an email from p15-d24.com with a link to a Zoom meeting. Sorry you missed it.

That one I got, it said, "Thank you for reserving your seat. You will receive the Zoom meeting link via your registration email shortly before the presentation starts."

The link never came. Anyhow, if the meeting was recorded, I'd love to see it...