'page is slowing firefox'

Sponsored By  

For several days I've been getting a Firefox message when opening P15-d24 with the above text and asking if I want to wait or stop the page load.

I think it only happens on the first page display then all goes back to normal. I'll watch more closely and post more info.

Are ads displaying? If so they are usually the culprit. They load off different remote servers and can bog down slowing the main page load. 

On 4/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, P15-D24 said:

Are ads displaying? If so they are usually the culprit. They load off different remote servers and can bog down slowing the main page load. 

The only ad that appears is the one for the arctic adventure, as I have adblock running.  But I have noticed another symptom, when first entering the site, my keyboard is inop.  By that I mean no scrolling is enabled and no entries can be made.  but, it seems that if I click the x to close the artic adventure blurb, it seems to fix it.

FYI I'm on the latest Firefox version

• 1 month later...

Often when my Firefox gets slow and glitchy I find that it`s overdue for an update to the newest version. It was happening last night and this morning I updated it and now it`s back to normal.

1 hour ago, linus6948 said:

Often when my Firefox gets slow and glitchy I find that it`s overdue for an update to the newest version. It was happening last night and this morning I updated it and now it`s back to normal.

I keep mine current.  No point in not fixing whatever the have fixed in each release. I just wait a week or so to get 'oopsies' fixed.