WHAT TO DO ?

Mr Stewart

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

come on guys, the post was up for days and no one else was even considerate enough to help this man unload this burden and now all of a sudden you folks jump on the wagon.....for shame for shame....it would be in good company with my two other town sedans...

Well,, we needed you to break the ice, lol.  Seriously though, that is a nice survivor.

15 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

There was actually such a thing as a "Military Maroon"?

Every military sedan I have ever seen was either gray (Navy,Coast Guard) or olive drab,with a strong emphasis on the "drab".

No matter how old you get,you can still learn something new every day.

On good days,you can even remember some stuff you used to know!

Military maroon is just a name for 46 to early 49 dodge cars, my 47 is Military maroon but has nothing to do with military designations.

Yes, Chrysler cars used many military names during the WWII era.  Dodge had Bombadier Blue, Seaplane Blue, Cadet Gray; Chrysler had Spitfire engines; etc.  I like the interior on that car, partly original and part seat covers.  I like it.  I'm not sure why there was a Town Sedan or what the purpose of it was.  Possibly some people did not want  sucide doors, especially with children.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 10:49 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

well, if you just bought it and have no clue what to do with it....perhaps you should not have bought it....best just drop that pig off at my house and cut your losses......?

HEY!

Get in line,dammit!

*I* asked first!

17 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

Military maroon is just a name for 46 to early 49 dodge cars, my 47 is Military maroon but has nothing to do with military designations.

Thanks!

Ya kinda have to wonder which dunderhead came up with THAT name for a color,don't you?

22 hours ago, PT81PlymouthPickup said:

Chopped, channeled, Small block Chevy, Turbo 400 trans. Ford 9" rear, disc brakes all around?   ?

If you do, a bunch of us will show up with guns! ?

Lols!

I have to admit,I got a little dizzy there for a moment.

22 hours ago, greg g said:

Unfortunately, we haven't heard any replies from Mr. Stewart.  Maybe we didnt make a good first impression.  Probably hasn't been lurking long enough to pick up on the group vibe.  Hope we haven't run him off.

Could be he was just posting photos of his "new" car to show-off/bragg,and now he has that out of his system?

I freely admit I lust after a find like that,and am excited that someone found and rescued it.

• Like 2

From the look of it,  it seems it has been rescued a long time. My first thought is look at all the work that does not have to be done, sure curious on  the price tag for all  that conveince

I have the suicide version,that I  would sure like to get the outer wheel trim rings for at some point.

Edited by neil and ethan

What to do.....? huh?

dude you scored and the Disciples are lickin their chops. Its a holy Grail of Dodge worshippers for sure

Buff it out and and keep it real. Its a sweetie for sure. But we are aching to see whats under the bonnet

Cant judge a book by looking at its cover

Edited by michaelmarks697@yahoo.com
miztake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joecoozie said:

Sorry....

I beat you to the punch by 40 minutes or so.

If you did,it's because you cheated,so it doesn't count.

• Haha 1

Too bad we're getting crickets back, I'd like to hear and see more of any original car that's in good shape.  I especially enjoy rare, or rather, less-than-common models like Mr. Stewart's Town Car.  I think I can still count on both hands how many I've seen, and I've only ever seen one in person (which is still where I saw it 20 years ago, guy has a yard full of old cars, wouldn't sell any of them back then, too far away to worry about now).

6 hours ago, Dan Hiebert said:

Too bad we're getting crickets back, I'd like to hear and see more of any original car that's in good shape.  I especially enjoy rare, or rather, less-than-common models like Mr. Stewart's Town Car.  I think I can still count on both hands how many I've seen, and I've only ever seen one in person (which is still where I saw it 20 years ago, guy has a yard full of old cars, wouldn't sell any of them back then, too far away to worry about now).

I believe the only one I've seen on person is soup cans by now. That junkyard got crushed out about 10 years ago. At least part of that car lives on in my coupe and plymouthy's town sedan. 

• Like 1

Good looking car.   Appears to need some, cleaning, shining and tuning up.  Probably a new set of tires.  Otherwise,

it is a good "time capsule" of originality.   Yes, those plaid sort of things on the seats are seat covers.....which were

very commonly used.....likely installed on this car by the selling dealer.  Unless they are somehow not usable, I would

just leave 'em there.     Let us know what you decide to do.   Bob.