Rear Shock Absorber Shields

chrysler1941
Go to solution Solved by Dodgeb4ya,

21 hours ago, chrysler1941 said:

Agree .......but they could have been removed sometime when shocks where changed.  They must have been several times since 1941.

My theory if it's in the part list. then they should be on ?

There are lots of parts on the parts list your car did not come with from the factory, those guards are a special order option and did not come on your car unless ordered that way...........

Sorry guys I must have explained it all wrong. I'll try again.

In this country, registration tax for brand new cars are taxed 300% of factory purchase price. After 5 years they have to undergo a 2 year MOT and pay annually "road tax" (weight, options etc.) for the rest of it's life.

Commercial vehicles are exempt from this tax ,but burdened with pollution and weight tax incl 2 year MOT

If you import a car, reg. tax will be calculated according to year and minimum 190%.

Now for historic cars, 35 years or older are viewed as "cultural heritage" and there are under a special law. Vehicles must be factory original and only driven between May and October. MOT is 8 years.  For this we get lower registration tax, annually road tax and insurance etc.

I was referring to Plymouthy Adams. According to him his car is personalized.  If you try this here, they will slap you with the 190% tax. You loose you historic registration and considered a normal car. 

The shields have nothing to do with it, That's just my disorder.?

3 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

There are lots of parts on the parts list your car did not come with from the factory, those guards are a special order option and did not come on your car unless ordered that way...........

Very interesting with the SO. 

I have my build sheet with some numbers and punched holes under Special order. Are you able to decode it?

in a manner of speaking....we all PAY TO PLAY.....I would not own one of these or basically any older car if I had to leave it stock.....where is the fun in that.........to own a car just like everyone else....Keebler cookie anyone? don't worry...they all made the same...only difference is maybe the beverage you wash it down with.  

On 3/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, chrysler1941 said:

Very interesting with the SO. 

I have my build sheet with some numbers and punched holes under Special order. Are you able to decode it?

You can send it off to chrysler to be decoded for a nominal fee, I sure someone has the address on here. Good Luck!?

Check out the Powerwagons Forum at dodgepowerwagon.com.  Find the Phil's Archives tab and search there for 'build card' or posts by Kevin Clause.  He understands the build cards.

Dick Hultman

Pittsburgh, PA

46 WC  &  57 FFPW

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 46BulldogDodge said:

Check out the Powerwagons Forum at dodgepowerwagon.com.  Find the Phil's Archives tab and search there for 'build card' or posts by Kevin Clause.  He understands the build cards.

Dick Hultman

Pittsburgh, PA

46 WC  &  57 FFPW

Found the archive. Very detailed and interesting. Unfortunately These Dodge Truck build cards differ much from the civilian.