Body Mounts dimensions

belvedere666

I’ve been searching for an alternative to the body mounts being sold by the main mopar parts vendors. Nothing against them, it’s just a time sensitive issue. My car is in “the shop” right now and I would like to get the motor mounts replaced before I have to drive it out of there.

By the time the bushings arrive my car will have to leave the shop, as it can only stay there for a few days. I would like to be able to walk into a local store here in CA and walk out with a useable set within a few days of today.

does anyone know the dimensions of the body mounts? Or has anyone used them from another application?

Diameter of top and bottom rubber?

Thickness of top and bottom?

Diameter of the step down in the top bushing that fits into the frame mount?

I just finished mounting my '52 wagon body to the frame and had some extras that I just measured. Both top and bottom donuts are 2" in diameter, 1/2" thick, raised center is is 1" diameter. Both pieces have a 5/8" hole. I used 3.5" grade 8 fine thread bolts. Torque to 35 ftlbs. Large (1.75") flat washers above and below.

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

14 minutes ago, Bob Riding said:

I just finished mounting my '52 wagon body to the frame and had some extras that I just measured. Both top and bottom donuts are 2" in diameter, 1/2" thick, raised center is is 1" diameter. Both pieces have a 5/8" hole. I used 3.5" grade 8 fine thread bolts. Torque to 35 ftlbs. Large (1.75") flat washers above and below.

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

THANK YOU!!!!

they look mighty familiar to the ones I used Bob. 666 try Energy Suspension. They sell universal body mounts in polyurethane which really looks like the way to go. ES is one of those "go to" companies to replace rubber parts. Poly is far better material and will not decay like rubber eventually does. Hope this helps. M

PS new body mounts can be installed after body shop having temporarily secured it in a few spots prior to transport.

Edited by Marcel Backs
added a PS

Bob,

I cannot say about the 52 Plymouths had up front but the 49-50 Plymouths did Not have any rubber mounts in the front body mount position.

Did you research this before  purchase and install?  

I did not and my 50 Suburban  and created issues with the front door alignment.  According to parts books this car did Not have them there!  Only had a bolt with large washers top and bottom.

Still need to remove mine and try again, as I hope to soon get back to this stalled project-Real soon!

DJ

16 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

Bob,

I cannot say about the 52 Plymouths had up front but the 49-50 Plymouths did Not have any rubber mounts in the front body mount position.

Did you research this before  purchase and install?  

I did not and my 50 Suburban  and created issues with the front door alignment.  According to parts books this car did Not have them there!  Only had a bolt with large washers top and bottom.

Still need to remove mine and try again, as I hope to soon get back to this stalled project-Real soon!

DJ

Wow- I just assumed the PO hadn't replaced them! I will remove and replace with steel washers. Thanks!!!

I think my 1953 Suburban did. I have 10 sets of old rubber mounts and the front frame mount has the large hole for the raised center like you have in your photo of the two rubber discs. I think that there are only 10 mounting points for the station wagon.