Jump to content

Me and the B-1-C


Worden18
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

 

Mileage seems a little low?  

Years ago I averaged 5mpg with my flatfender PW.  This has been all in town driving; stop and go.  And a lot of test idling. I guess I didn't expect much more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12mpg is what I'd get with the '48 over rolling hills, flat highways and around town with little warmup time during spring summer and fall...didn't drive it much when it got below 40°F cuz that buggy has no heater other than the exhaust manifold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is dumping the exhaust ahead of the rearend  stock?

 

I Do not have any experience with the Dodge trucks. Pretty obvious at times!

 

DJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

Is dumping the exhaust ahead of the rearend  stock?

 

I Do not have any experience with the Dodge trucks. Pretty obvious at times!

 

DJ

Not sure....but it's the way I wanted it.  To me its unnecessary to go over the axle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As they say, as long as your are satisfied.  Otherwise looks great!

 

DJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7-7-21:

Out for a test Cruise tonight with the kids.  It's so much better with new exhaust.  The truck ran good, sounded good, was a pleasure to drive, and got a ton of looks.  

I stopped to photograph the Watkins Manor House, which is enormous.  The garage is bigger than my house, I'm not joking. A large portion of the house is hidden behind the tree. I don't know how many square foot it is, but I can imagine it was a full-time job for somebody to keep it heated during the winter way back when.  When I look at a place like this I think of how eventually people die (no matter how rich you are), and the house still stands.  Watkins is still in business here in Winona. They sell spices and things like that.  

The last two pictures are at home on the cement pad next to my garage.

IMG_20210707_184715004_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210707_184729599_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210707_185918721~2.jpg

IMG_20210707_190032986_HDR~2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

Is dumping the exhaust ahead of the rearend  stock?

 

I Do not have any experience with the Dodge trucks. Pretty obvious at times!

 

DJ

 

no, normally out the side behind the rear fender

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

Is dumping the exhaust ahead of the rearend  stock?

 

I Do not have any experience with the Dodge trucks. Pretty obvious at times!

 

DJ

My 49 originally (when i got it), and now currently, went all the way to the rear under the tailgate. Exhaust shops seem to want to do the turn down right before they would have to make the hump, I have had a couple of exhaust set ups like that over the years. I should look at what Bunn says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7-9-21:

Cut some branches that have been looming over my new cement pad since it was poured. Filled up the bed of the truck!  I'll haul them to the city compost tomorrow. This is likely the first work this truck has seen in decades, although you can hardly call it work 😋

Meanwhile the kids and I took a cruise around town. We waved at everyone we saw and they waved back.  The truck is running pretty darn good, although I need to take care of a few things here and there.  Meanwhile we will just keep on cruising....

IMG_20210709_193127192_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210709_193135435_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210709_203254902_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210709_204815186~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

This is the first I’ve noticed the tail light ‘brackets’. Interesting…

 

Yeah there's a few homemade things on the truck, including the spare tire holder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Merle, I've had two part trucks with that kinda tail light set-up.

Wonder if there was a popular mechanics article that guided a few of those upgrades.

 

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, my favorite deal is the tireless brake hub......patiently waiting for a spare. :D

 

48D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 8:08 AM, Worden18 said:

Years ago I averaged 5mpg with my flatfender PW.  This has been all in town driving; stop and go.  And a lot of test idling. I guess I didn't expect much more.

 

i can only dream of getting 12 mpg in my truck.  pretty consistent at 4 to 6 mpg since 2007.  but then, it’s an “F” with a gvw over 13,000 lbs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Merle, I've had two part trucks with that kinda tail light set-up.

Wonder if there was a popular mechanics article that guided a few of those upgrades.

 

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, my favorite deal is the tireless brake hub......patiently waiting for a spare. :D

 

48D 

I should take care of that 😆

I'm never more than a couple miles from home with the truck though...😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I drove around for a couple years without a spare. I kept a can of "Fix-a-flat" under the seat 'just in case'. Luckily never needed it. Then Mark (ggdad1951) worked with DCM to develop the hardware I needed to reinstall my under hung spare tire bracket. I think I finally got rid of that can a couple years ago. Just carry a jack and lug wrench now. 

 

And now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose I should crawl under there and check the air pressure on my spare tire. I probably haven't done that since I put it up there. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I drove around for a couple years without a spare. I kept a can of "Fix-a-flat" under the seat 'just in case'. Luckily never needed it. Then Mark (ggdad1951) worked with DCM to develop the hardware I needed to reinstall my under hung spare tire bracket. I think I finally got rid of that can a couple years ago. Just carry a jack and lug wrench now. 

 

And now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose I should crawl under there and check the air pressure on my spare tire. I probably haven't done that since I put it up there. 

 

 

My B1D has the spare underneath.  Is that unique to the Express model, or should my B1C also have it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Worden18 said:

My B1D has the spare underneath.  Is that unique to the Express model, or should my B1C also have it?

Not sure if it was a factory ordered option at the time ... many things were.

My B1C had the spare tire carrier and also my B1B has it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use