what are the differences between 1940 Plymouth and Dodge Coupes ?

Noonan

Mostly AB, Roberts Motor Parts, Mopar Pro as well as many private sellers on ebay. I dealt once with kanter's nuff said. The only Dodge part that was not readily available so far in the restoration was a wiper pivot cover for an electric wiper equipped car. After about two years of looking with zero results, I had a few machined by my friend who is a human CNC machine. Mopar parts are obtainable with an acceptable level of difficulty. Please post what you need & I will be glad to help if I can. All the Best M

3 minutes ago, Marcel Backs said:

Mostly AB, Roberts Motor Parts, Mopar Pro as well as many private sellers on ebay. I dealt once with kanter's nuff said. The only Dodge part that was not readily available so far in the restoration was a wiper pivot cover for an electric wiper equipped car. After about two years of looking with zero results, I had a few machined by my friend who is a human CNC machine. Mopar parts are obtainable with an acceptable level of difficulty. Please post what you need & I will be glad to help if I can. All the Best M

Cool, thank you. If I am in need of some help to find components I will shoot you a message

I also once purchased a mechanical fuel pump from Kanter.  It was for my Canadian built 1953 Pontiac Laurentian Sport coupe that received the American engine from the factory.  I could not get a mechanical fuel pump for it anywhere.  The pricing was absurd.  But when they got what you need sometimes.... 

There are also some websites where you can enter the Mopar number and their search engine tells you if they have the item. I recently updated my pc and lost the bookmarks for these. I will try and find info in my pile of receipts which is quite substantial. What part of Canada are you in Noonan? I am in quebexico. (I may have got my spelling wrong LOL). All the Best, M

42 minutes ago, Marcel Backs said:

I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for the proper plymouth grill pieces. 

it may depend on this other hood assembly that is claimed to be original with the car that isn't installed.  

Because it looks like some hoods run the full length out to the nose and some hoods stop short and the grill assembly swoops back to meet the hood

Edited by Noonan

Noonan.........the full length hood is the 1940 Plymouth hood, exact same hood that all the 1940 Plymouths used and my D15 Dodge and your Canadain Dodge has.......the short hood which goes from the radiator back is to suit the USA D14 and D17 Dodges, some Canadian Dodges and very few D14 Dodges here in Oz.............because of the short hood making it impossible to access the area in front of the radiator and that sheetmetal surrounding the grille means the grille must install and be attached from the front of the car................ BUT the long hood when opened allows acccess to a triangular piece of metal in front of the radiator tank that when removed allows you to install attachment screws from behind to hold the grille............the sheet metal that the grille attaches to only goes as high as the hood opening edge...........as your car has the various Plymouth parts I'd suggest that the current hood is original to the car...........tho' as there are lots of different things that could be changed with very little effort over the past 80 years so  anything is possible...........I've had my car since 1971 and have been playing with 1940 Dodges since 1969 so am fairly familiar with them but only Oz built ones so am more than happy to learn..............lol...................andyd  

17 minutes ago, Saskwatch said:

Noonan - you probably already know this but “laynrubber” , a member of this forum is also from La Ronge   ?

I actually didn't know that ! Thank you for the heads up.

I see you are from Melfort, i drove right through the other day;  heading east of Tisdale to check out the 40 Coupe.

If you see any Mopar powertrains in your area please let me know !