Plain Jane

allbizz49

Allbizz49, wow, I love  this car... I'm not sure why the base models of these Mopars don't get much love.  I have a '54 Meadowbrook that I bought b/c of it's plain jane utilitarian look.  I'm a big fan of you '53.

Thanks dwest, I really love this car. I've always leaned more towards basic plain cars. That's why I had to buy this one. I knew I would probably never come across another one that is so stripped and original. 

I was trying to figure what the hole in the divider panel is for. It's a perfectly cut circle towards the right side. Not like someone poked a hole in it. There is a spare in the trunk  that's not bolted down. The retaining hardware is laying next to it but it didn't seem that it would work to hold it in the trunk. Thanks for the heads up!

Screenshot_20210529-070201_Gallery.jpg

Seems to me like the best place for a spare in a biz coupe would be the same place as every other car. Bolt it against the retaining (?) wall and you would have to unload all your sale items to change a flat. You would want it where you could get to it easily withought unloading everything.

This wouldn't be a big issue with today's tires,but with the tires available in the 30's and 40's,flats were very common.

If anybody needs a decent back seat, come and get it for free. Material is pretty crispy but the frames are in excellent shape. I tried to list them in the classifieds but I couldn't attatch photos. FREE!!

Screenshot_20210530-185238_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210530-185224_Gallery.jpg