Drug home another Dodge - 2 in 5 days

TravisL17

I finally brought this Coronet home today. I came with my Meadowbrook I purchased a couple years ago. She's pretty rough, but an excellent parts car to have on hand. The 51 Dodge 1-ton came home with me on Monday. My wife asked how many more cars I'll be bringing home this week. I told her this should be it (cuz tomorrow is a new week!?)

20210306_114209.jpeg

20210306_155353.jpeg

• Like 1

I feel your 'pain'.  I caught my first case of MoPar fever, when I was 4 yo, about 66 years ago when my Dad brought home a '54 Dodge 3/4 ton 241 V8.  I have had it since and nearly caught another case in 1969 when I met my girl friend that had a '66 Dodge Dart with a 273 V8.

Wish I had a shop like yours.  Looks great to keep your obsessions under cover.

Ken

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Worden18 said:

Congrats on getting it home.  Looks like its in better shape than my 51 Meadowbrook, which is a daily driver.  Fire it up and go! ?

I wish! The Coronet a ways off from running. I was told it last ran and drove in 2000. Currently has no water pump on it. Front floors are thoroughly ventilated. I likely won't try to get it driving. Once I finish some projects on my Meadowbrook it'll be time to get the 1 ton going. 

• Like 1

Travis, is that your ‘56 Chevy? two door hardtop hiding in the corner? It’s ok to have another make in the garage. Very nice looking car! The ‘56 is my favourite of the 55-57 Chevs. 

I have a ‘63 Ford?Fairlane 500 in the garage along with my three old Mopars. 

It belongs to a friend of mine. I'm providing storage for him for the winter. His truck and trailer were utilized in bringing these two Dodges to their new home. Tomorrow we're off to Fargo to get a 36 Ford truck that belonged to his Grandfather and then his uncle. That'll get parked in front of the 56 until he has room in his shop to get it running. He's a big time early Ford and Tri Five guy. Somehow we get along great. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

birds of a feather comes to mind except.....chebbies ruffle mine.....!!!!

Dirty little secret......my buddies 96 Chevy pulled the trailer that got my Dodges home. And my 96 GMC pulled both of them off the trailer! Please don't hate me ?

15 hours ago, TravisL17 said:

Dirty little secret......my buddies 96 Chevy pulled the trailer that got my Dodges home. And my 96 GMC pulled both of them off the trailer! Please don't hate me ?

My "good truck" is a 3/4 ton 4x4 GMC turbo diesel. Best damn truck I have ever owned,and has torque up the yahoo. It's beein paid off for several years,and will get sold at my estate sale. My daily "don't give a damn,drive it in any weather truck" is a 2016 Chevy half-ton 4x4. I bought it because the Chev dealer offered me the best deal and I liked the Chev truck styling a lot more than the Dodge. My ex is trying to buy it off me now,and I'm tempted to sell it to her. Don't really need it,and it would free up some money to spend on my project cars/trucks. It's just a "tool",so I really don't care about "losing" it.