Rear End swap

Crisjr14

Not knowing what you might find in California, what I can say is in the midwest there are a fair amount of cherokees in the boneyards. Limited slips appear to be the exception with most being open rear ends. For disc brakes I believe you can retrofit the rear disc set up from a Jeep liberty with an 8 1/4 axle. Reference Mopar Action magazine for more detail where they used the liberty disc set up on 8 3/4 axles used in the muscle era.

• Like 1

Im using a Ford 8.8 from a 97 Explorer in my 1936 pickup.  I bought it in Sacramento, CA and I was under the impression that most of these in the Northern CA area were 3.73:1.  The spring perches were easy to modify to make them fit the 3.25" tube.  After finishing mounting the Rear End, I took the pickup to a driveshaft place and had them make me a driveshaft to fit.  My transmission is a T5 from an S10.

IMG_2152.jpeg

Thanks for the reply.

DJ