First Drive of March

RobertKB

Got the ‘48 Dodge D25 club coupe out for the first run of March. It’s not a big deal in warmer parts of North America but in Canada old cars often don’t see the road from October to April. This winter has been unseasonably warm in Alberta and I have had an old car out every month. I thought I might miss March as we had a brutal cold spell and lots of snow a few of weeks ago. Amazingly it warmed right up again, most snow is gone, and roads are good. Pictures show the ‘48 out today with winter coloured grass, dirty snow banks, and lots of clouds. However, a great time was had putting 30+ miles on the old girl. Gotta drive them when you can!

420CA165-D0D7-426A-85A0-62E615E48265.jpeg.9f6a4e43e39ffbc335bd1cfd1badc662.jpeg

CC530BDC-D221-4BE4-849F-24365B18AFB7.jpeg.b0b8aa6ea81f7c6688e7eb8907473fc8.jpeg

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 8

Good to see a great car, out every month of the year. In Canada. 

Unseasonably warm here too. Felt like May today. Sun shining. T-shirt weather. We hit 15C today. Planning to take mine out this weekend. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

Hoping to get my Plymouth P15 out of hibernation next week   Predicted temperatures over 60 degrees for next week.Finally a break from this wretched cold.  I don't really expect the forecast to be accurate, but hopefully, the temps will be warm enough to get the old gal out of the garage and on the road to shake the winter dust off!!

• Like 1

I'm about the same latitude as Marcel, and we're both still north of the southern most point of Canada...  "Fishing on the lake" is a point of discussion, as I was "fishing on the lake" (Chemquasabamticook Lake [Ross Lake]) just last week...albeit there was about 2 feet of ice between me and the lake.  I really enjoy reading about you'un's that can get out and enjoy your cars during these winter months, so kindly keep it up, and keep posting!  (Yeah, I'm a bit green with jealousy too, but I enjoy this winter stuff up here none-the-less).