1953 3/4 ton Spring Special

A few years ago I bought a 3/4 ton 53 Dodge truck to fix up and make a driver out of but my plans changed and now I just don't have it in me to fix it up. It's pretty much all original and runs good but after putting it up for sale I accidentally found an expert on Dodge trucks in Wisconsin I have learned it's a true Spring Special model. I'm not sure what to do now, would it be wise to keep it and get it documented or does a Spring Special model just bring the average price that a regular 53 would bring? I'm confused what to do. 

Spring Specials might bring more $$$ from a collector, but that title basically gets ya a 2-tone paint job and any option that you could have gotten from any other truck...there are no special badges or extra shiny trim, and the only clue as to the originality of a Spring Special is a certain paint code found on its build card (which are not available until Michigan is classified as a covid-free workspace).  Dodge trucks in general do not command a premium unless somebody has done a custom job or meticulous frame-off restoration and wants upwards of mid 5 figures "to break even".

additional information - Spring Specials in the wild

• Like 1

you should post a photo of the truck (cause it makes us happy?)

in my opinion, SS are indeed special but, if you’re asking if the value Is higher and more desirable. probably not to many folks outside of this community.

You could sit on it longer looking for the right buyer, If you were happy with what you thought it would go for, sell it and move on. 

• Like 1