Received instrument panel back from restoration

Marcel Backs

I recently had my D14's instruments restored at D&M Restorations and they did a very nice job on it. I am happy with the outcome and it will look great when mounted into the dash! I hope they keep turning out good work like this for years to come. M Here are some pix. M

583B2F48-853D-4229-BCCD-7E19B17D6B9D.jpeg

F19F4517-B232-4264-84C4-11FB22E18F05.jpeg

• Like 14

Marcel.........do you have a "before" pic?....did they replace any parts?........I'm looking for a new plastic dial......the fixed piece that has the graduations marked on it as mine has a small crack, tho' it doesn't show in this pic...........also did they shop redo any of the gold printed areas?...............thanks, andyd

032.JPG

The speedo was calibrated and the internals were gone over. They also replaced the clear plastic for the pointer wheel. The gold areas are all original and just needed a clean up which was done with nice results. I will bench test the cluster before installing it. I am trying to acquire a second panel from a D15 for spares but the bloke has not decided to part with it yet. I will keep my eyes peeled and ask around to see if I can come up wth some leads ( I usually have a horse shoe in the right place for things like that). I have a new pointer wheel still in the box and that rare little number was major spending coupons! I wonder if that dial could be 3D printed in resin? This style of dial is also used on 1940 Plymouth speedo which may give a bit of leeway in finding one. All instrument clusters for the 40 Dodge are a tough find. All the best Andy! M

PS if there are no missing pieces, the crack in the dial could be fixed by brushing a bit of epoxy on the back of it to keep it from splitting any more. 

Edited by Marcel Backs