1948 Dodge Deluxe

Jacob A

Nice looking car!  Anything is theoretically possible given your ability, finances, and/or desire to heavily modify the car. From personal experience installing a big-block Cadillac is a major headache without major butchery. I've pretty much given up on going that route. ?

There are kits available from Butch's Cool Stuff for installing small block Mopar and small block Chevy engine/transmission combos. 

https://butchscoolstuff.com/eng-trans-mounting-kits-4/

Good luck!!

Hopping up the flathead with the major selection of parts now available is also a good way to go if your stock engine is good and healthy. Check out some of the engine build threads on this site and you will see some pretty impressive versions of the flat 6. Welcome to the site man! M

• Like 2

Well if it runs goods, steers straight/ stops good-  Drive it everywhere and enjoy!  Minor repairs needed? Fix and repeat as before.

DJ

• Like 1

I agree with the previous post. I'm not really a fan of the flat 6 but there's no reason to fix what isn't broken. I personally wouldn't go to the trouble ($$$) of dual carbs, exhaust and all that on the flat-motor, either. I won't argue that it looks kinda cool but ??? Just my opinion.

Jacob.......Welcome Aboard...........unless you really must swap the original engineI'd install twin carbs,headers, maybe a finned head and dress up stuff and you'll get plenty of looks , although I installed a 318 Poly in my 1940 Dodge but I was young & keen 50 yrs ago.......still you look like you have a nice Dodge there........why not leave the 6 and hot it up......see attached pic of the one I was building...also the pic of the Poly..............regards from Oz...........andyd

IMG_1389.JPG

P1000808 (800x600).jpg