39 TF-37...So It Begins (Lots of Pictures)

This was the last email I got from Danielle.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting the FCA Historical Archives.  At this time, we are unable to do the research needed to answer your request, due to corporate guidelines, and have limited physical access to the archival records.  We are able to answer requests where we can remotely access the materials.

While we cannot provide a timeframe as to when we will be able to assist you, I would expect that it will be towards the end of the year, but there is no target date at this time.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.  We look forward to being able to help our customers in the future.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

EDIT: dated January 11th 2021
Edited by billrigsby
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, wagoneer said:

... I sent off my request and check 6 months ago . They haven’t even cashed the check!

I sent in for a build sheet on my truck a few years ago. I got a copy of it in the mail a few weeks later. They never did cash the check. I finally just deleted it from my check register so I could reconcile it easier. 

I sent my info in for the build sheet in September of '20. Thought it got lost in the mail, sent it again in December of '20 still have not got anything back. @billrigsbythanks for sharing the email. Now I know I just have to be patient and wait.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 1:10 AM, billrigsby said:

This was the last email I got from Danielle.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting the FCA Historical Archives.  At this time, we are unable to do the research needed to answer your request, due to corporate guidelines, and have limited physical access to the archival records.  We are able to answer requests where we can remotely access the materials.

While we cannot provide a timeframe as to when we will be able to assist you, I would expect that it will be towards the end of the year, but there is no target date at this time.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.  We look forward to being able to help our customers in the future.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

EDIT: dated January 11th 2021

Anybody getting results from Historical Archives? I sent an email to Danielle and it bounced... 

Does MMC Detroit have some of this info - their site is very confusing  - https://www.mmcdetroit.com 

On 3/16/2021 at 8:11 PM, TooManyIrons said:

Had some time today to remount the wheels with tires that actually hold air.  If all goes well, I plan to load her onto a trailer next week and bring her home.

The old gal has not moved in 30+ years.

WP_20210316_11_17_20_Pro A.jpg

WP_20210316_11_17_32_Pro A.jpg

WP_20210316_11_17_45_Pro A.jpg

WP_20210316_11_17_55_Pro A.jpg

WP_20210316_11_18_24_Pro A.jpg

7.50x20?

On 5/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, wagoneer said:

Anybody getting results from Historical Archives? I sent an email to Danielle and it bounced...

I just saw your post and it got me thinking I should forward her my last email, with the new guidelines from the CDC maybe I was able to get back in the queue, so far 10 minutes I haven't received anything back saying undeliverable.

Did you have a typo? This is the email address I used.....

danielle.szostak@fcagroup.com

I'll let you know if anything changes as far as an undeliverable message.

16 hours ago, billrigsby said:

I just saw your post and it got me thinking I should forward her my last email, with the new guidelines from the CDC maybe I was able to get back in the queue, so far 10 minutes I haven't received anything back saying undeliverable.

Did you have a typo? This is the email address I used.....

danielle.szostak@fcagroup.com

I'll let you know if anything changes as far as an undeliverable message.

I spoke to the director of MMC Detroit, and he says that the historical archives office is closed for the foreseeable future . They lost their digital access to their archive too. 

He was uncertain whether they would open back up at all given the new stellentis ownership structure, and if they do, he estimated it would be in 2022.

Bummer

• Thanks 2

On 5/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, wagoneer said:

Does MMC Detroit have some of this info - their site is very confusing  - https://www.mmcdetroit.com 

I just received a response from my email dated 05/21/2021.......

Date: 5/21/21 8:47 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: the48dodgeproject <the48dodgeproject@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Build Record Request Form

Hello Bill,

We are still unable to do the research needed to answer your request, due to corporate guidelines, and have limited physical access to the archival records.  

While we cannot provide a time frame as to when we will be able to assist you, I would expect that it will be towards the end of July, but there is no target date at this time.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Historical Services
CIMS 410-11-21
12501 Chrysler Freeway
Detroit, MI 48288
  • Thanks 2