39 TF-37...So It Begins (Lots of Pictures)

Today I went to evict the rodents nesting in the cab of my new treasure.  Also removed the remnants of the rotten flatbed and sprayed PB Blaster on all the lug nuts.  I ended up filling (4) 45 gal trash bags with the material from the rodent nests. 

Sorry about the sideways pics.

WP_20210302_10_44_23_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_12_28_10_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_10_44_39_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_10_44_41_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_12_28_31_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_12_28_43_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_12_29_15_Pro_S.jpg

WP_20210302_12_29_48_Pro_S.jpg

Edited by TooManyIrons
Add pic
  • Like 6

I like it! ?

Is that a 1.5ton? What is your goal for it. Restore, rebuild, remod or other?

Thanks...Its a 1.5 ton. My plan is to restore/rebuild it. 

Right now I am prepping it to load on a trailer and take it home. Once I get it home I am going to park it in one of my shop lean-tos, out of the weather, until I can start working on it.  I have a couple other projects going right now, so this beauty will have to wait.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:03 PM, TooManyIrons said:

....... sprayed PB Blaster on all the lug nuts. 

I know, you probably know the left lug nuts and bud locks are probably left hand threaded. Just a reminder ?

the last three trucks I’ve worked on recently, all have had a broken stud on the left side. Kinda make me think someone forgot at some point 

• 2 weeks later...

After spraying PB blaster on several times over the past couple of weeks, I finally got all the lug nuts/thimbles busted loose.  I was able to break the driver's side loose with a wrench, but the passenger's side nuts/thimbles would not budge...even with a 3 foot cheater bar.  I ended up purchasing a 3/4" drive cordless impact wrench and that took them right off. 

WP_20210311_11_51_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20210311_11_51_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20210311_11_51_46_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That's a real clean looking set of stainless grille parts. 

1939 is the only year for the "V" pattern. 40-47 had the "Plus" pattern.

Kinda valuable in some circles of the internet.

examples:

1939 Gille Stainless Ebay

1939 Grille nose piece

48D

• Like 2

Paid a visit to gent that is on 39-47 Dodge truck forum this past Wednesday to look at the WF-32 he had for sale.

It pleasure to visit with him and put a face to a name. Ended up purchasing the truck along with some extra parts.

Many thanks to Rob for providing the parts I needed for my TF-37!

WF-32 1.jpg

WF-32 2.jpg

WF-32 3.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TooManyIrons said:

Paid a visit to gent that is on 39-47 Dodge truck forum this past Wednesday to look at the WF-32 he had for sale.

It pleasure to visit with him and put a face to a name. Ended up purchasing the truck along with some extra parts.

Many thanks to Rob for providing the parts I needed for my TF-37!

WF-32 1.jpg

WF-32 2.jpg

WF-32 3.jpg

I think I saw that for sale on the 39-47 facebook group. The seller got kinda crabby when I asked if the grill bars were for sale. Congrats on the purchase. Are you going to fix this one up after the 39?

2 hours ago, 47 dodge 1.5 ton said:

What is the 39-47 forum address? Looks like you have (2) nice projects! Congratulations, Kevin

It's a google group I think just Google search 39-47 dodge truck google group. Let me know if that doesn't work

1 hour ago, TooManyIrons said:

Use your preferred search engine (I try to avoid google like the plague) and enter "39-47Dodgetruck@groups.io"

You do realize it's a google group right?

18 hours ago, TooManyIrons said:

I do not for certain, but I think it may have been a CCC truck, due to the mesh rear window protector.  When the Chrysler Historical folks get back to work, I will request a build card and then post the results here.

Are the Chrysler historical group still off due to the pandemic? I sent off my request and check 6 months ago . They haven’t even cashed the check!

anybody know when they plan to start again or any news source?

16 hours ago, wagoneer said:

Are the Chrysler historical group still off due to the pandemic? I sent off my request and check 6 months ago . They haven’t even cashed the check!

anybody know when they plan to start again or any news source?

I was able to get my build cards from CHS a few weeks before things in Michigan went on lockdown...the last I heard from CHS, the archive is off limits until further notice due to covid-19.  I had sent my build cards to Kevin Clause to decipher over a year ago, but between the Michigan lockdown, his work schedule, dealing with family business, and his records packed away for safekeeping, he did not know when he could crack them codes.  I had a good conversation years ago about making those records public similar to what Eric Bannerman has done with his SN decoder, but the short answer is that would be a massive undertaking that could be done but not in one day.

Edited by JBNeal
added link