first day of

Plymouthy Adams

Had a heat wave come through here, too, although it didn't trigger any AC that I'm aware of...got up to all of 40 with clear skies and just enough of a breeze to need that sweatshirt.  I love winter, but around mid-March with still another month of two of it, I start getting a little jealous of you'uns in milder climates.  

51deg In the area I was in yesterday, and it was the first day this year I saw an “ice cream truck”

lol, it was a small Astro van, with a homemade looking sticker of a pop sickle on the side door, in a questionable neighborhood, playing “ice cream truck music” over a loud speaker......

Kinda made me cringe......

3 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

remember when your mom told you that if you heard the music it meant they were sold out......?

Yeah, Sure do!!! 

Just called her, and thanked her ?

• Haha 1

I moved to the area I am in now some 26 years and have not seen the first ice cream truck yet.....even before I moved, the trucks were on the decline as they moved to the larger and newer housing areas I believe...the older homes were full of grandparents at this time.  Economics play at every level

Just now, Sniper said:

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME

The Ice Cream just stopped here and I got two dreamsicles.

Now, start talking about winning the lotto, lol.

Just no weather talk, please.

Hahaha, the image of you pushing those kids out of the way to get at the front just makes me happy! ?

hooray for men in their 50’s  

• Like 1

Currently 86 degrees at 4:00 pm ... not always like this. Tomorrow is cooler weather rolling in and only mid 60's. Then back up into the 70's 4 days later.

Just saying at 80's I feel comfortable, 70's I need to wear a long sleeve shirt .... Yeah I have not turned on the AC yet this year  :)

This thread brought to mind a photo I took a couple of years ago at a car show in a small town a few miles from where I live. Brought a smile to my face when I saw it. ?

872706456_HappyHerbsIceCream.JPG.396fcb87897f21e9d7ab5879716fd53e.JPG

• Like 1