48 DeSoto body is now off the frame!

MarcDeSoto

I've finished making the body cart, except for the cross beam 2X6s that the body will be bolted to with lag bolts.  I took the steering wheel off and it looks like the steering post will be able to get through the cowl after I remove the rear wheels.  That way I can easily put the steering wheel back on so I can steer the chassis.  I'm thinking of putting the rear axle hubs on wheel dollies.  Then I will pull the chassis out the front way.  I will have to jack the body up in the front to get the two wheel dollies and resupport the front body with 12 ton jack stands.  Then I can push the body cart that I made under the body and lower it onto the cart.  Then I will screw the body to the cross members, so it can't fall off, and then roll it to the third bay of my garage.  Then I will put the rear wheels back on and roll the chassis back into the first bay of the garage.  I can't leave anything out on the driveway as I have an HOA!  

P1020572.JPG

P1020573.JPG

P1020574.JPG

• Like 1