Great news save on tires for our cars.

greg g

Kinda amazing that a 21" flat screen TV today (Samsung at Walmart at $130) is $50 cheaper than a 21 inch TV in 1954-

I can't think of many things that got cheaper over 67 years!  

"...(updated Jan/2020) a dollar today is worth only 10% of a dollar in 1954. $100 in 1954 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $968.30 today..."

Darn! those 21 inch 1954 TVs were expensive! $1,742.46 in 2020 money. 

and- If that wasn't a monthly payment and he sold a lot of bicycles and outboards, that might have contributed to ol' W H Kearny's business demise...just sayin'.

and- Goodyear is still making Pathfinder tires, so I guess they got their wholesale pricing right back then...

My eyes are not so great but it appears to me the the bike and boat motor have the prices and below it says a week?

DJ

2 hours ago, '41 Fat Bottom Girl said:

Kinda amazing that a 21" flat screen TV today (Samsung at Walmart at $130) is $50 cheaper than a 21 inch TV in 1954-

I can't think of many things that got cheaper over 67 years!  

"...(updated Jan/2020) a dollar today is worth only 10% of a dollar in 1954. $100 in 1954 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $968.30 today..."

Darn! those 21 inch 1954 TVs were expensive! $1,742.46 in 2020 money. 

I'd spend the extra money on that old TV. It won't collect all of your browsing information, shows watched, things purchased, whatever and send it back to the company to be fully cataloged, cross referenced, and databased just to be sold to whoever wants to try and sell you things.... That being said - we have the same issue no matter what we do anymore anywhere.... buying something at a store with a credit/debit card, surfing the web, even posting here, there is probably some bot scalping information on us unsuspectingly. 

*goes and puts on tin foil hat*

21" TV was considered a giant screen!  Go back and tell someone in 1954 that in the year 2020, an 85" TV might be considered half decent, in your living room. They'd look at you dumbfounded and probably write you off as unstable. 

Edited by keithb7

Swell sale fellas! I got my Hull Compass so cheap, it was almost free.?

139347349_HullCompass.jpg.3fb12c08c0328a505a08d2e4aa077f37.jpg

It came with the house, was in one of the work bench drawers. Always wonder what year it might been from. Now I got an idea.

Edited by ccudahy

23 minutes ago, busycoupe said:

I've got a tripod jack, like the one shown, in the trunk of my car.  I don't intend to use it, although it would probably be more useable than a bumper jack.

I have one too.  Only compare the size of its base to that of a scissor jack......