Rear fender lip to lip width?

Bad Apache

Hey Guys! 

I’m primarily a lurker here. Learned tons from you guys. Sometimes more than I wanted to know, lol. Well I find myself in need of some help. My 1947 Plymouth business coupe came to me without rear fenders. I have acquired some NOS ones but their fitment  needs some help. I’m building the chassis now and trying to figure out rear axle width and tire clearance. So I need someone to drop a plumb bob from each fender wheel opening innermost lip in the middle of the opening and mark the floor to give me an accurate width lip to lip. Also would help if it was from a car that is lowered some. And love to here your track width or fender to tire clearance with what tire size you’re running. Hopefully that all makes sense. And thanks in advance of your dirty pant knees!

Sorry to take so long with your request. My car is stored for the winter off prem.

Got over to it today & measured as you asked & width between rear inner fender 

lips is 6' 1\2".  This car has 2' lowering blocks & rolls on p225/75/R15's.

Maybe the pictures will help.

Picture #2, there's about 1 1\4" clearance at that point.

Hope this is helpful.

100_7315.JPG

100_7317.JPG

100_7316.JPG