Undercoating. Was it ever done at the factory?

MarcDeSoto

Here is a judging guide that mentions the under carriage and colors.

It's great for other info as well.

It doesn't list under coat.

Judging Guide.pdf

1 hour ago, Vin's 49 Plymouth said:

Here is a judging guide that mentions the under carriage and colors.

It's great for other info as well.

It doesn't list under coat.

Judging Guide.pdf 203.55 kB · 3 downloads

Well, I sure won't take my car to any of their shows....  (Wrong engine, a 55 model 230.)  I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but have found one mistake so far.  My brother had a 47 P15 4-door with the serial number plate on the RIGHT A pillar (instead of left).  (I have serial number written down someplace, although he no longer has the car.  I wrote it down because I thought it was a 42.)

EDIT to add: They say "Engine dust pans were included on all cars built through October 15, 1946."  

I had never heard any time line for this, but would have thought it was carried on longer than that.  [My 46 came with them, and it was first sold in December of 46.  I thought that the demand for new vehicles right after the war was such that cars would not have sat around that long.  My dad told how there was a guy in his community who had some connections at one of the factories (Detroit, I think), and he would take a train or bus up there (from western Oklahoma) and buy two cars, pulling the second one with the first, then sell them after he got back home.  Apparently could do this for a profit.]

Edited by Eneto-55
adding later comment
  • Like 1