RIP old friend I never met.

MackTheFinger

Hopefully this of interest to at least a few here. I never met Dale and haven't been to the museum at Maggie Valley but I still feel the loss. Motorcycles have been a huge part of my life since I was a child and I admire Dale for his dedication. Thankfully it seems his son Matt shares the love and obsession his father had. 

https://www.themountaineer.com/obituaries/dale-walksler/article_7be729f6-6af7-11eb-9cfc-7bb6da31e56a.html

• Thanks 2

I'm very sorryto hear this.  I visited his Wheels Through Time museum in 2007.  We were there in April in the off season.  It is a large place, maybe 20,000 sq. ft.  with a wide walkway that runs around the inside of the museum. We were looking at a beautifully restored 1905 HD when Dale walked over. I asked him if it runs.  His answer was to jump on it, kick it into action and procede to ride it around inside the museum.  A little later he fired up a 1940 Crocker and took it for an indoor lap.  Quite the character, sorry to hear of his passing.  

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  I had a similar experience with Dale when I toured.  I forget the year, perhaps 2001 when I was going from Kentucky to Jefferson's house, Monticello via  the Blue Ridge parkway.  He took pride in walking around with  me and pointing out various features on the motorcycles on display, then he started a few.  But he didn't ride them.  I saw him later in the suburb of Chicago where a collection was put up for sale.  He was on the TV show with Wayne Carini classic car business, he would get the antiques running for this auction.  I made many recommendations to see Wheels through Time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dennis_MN said:

I saw him later in the suburb of Chicago where a collection was put up for sale.

He purchased a few bikes including one of the Crockers from a friend and his family here in town around that time. I passed the link on to them and they said when they visited with him after the sale a few years ago they knew he was fighting cancer at that time but he still made a point to take them on a tour personally.  As I understand it everything in the museum is gassed up and will run and they are proud to show you when your there.  

• Like 1