Carter B&B model numbers

Saskwatch

I have a carter B&B carburetor, model number D 6S1 .... I tried to google this model number to try & find out what year & size engine it was used on without any success .

I was hoping to use it on the 265  that is in our D25 coupe b/c it has been all cleaned up, looks to have a new carb kit installed & looks all pretty like. 
 Now, that being said , it has been all wrapped & packaged up , laying in the trunk of said coupe for the last 38 years.... but it does,

“look” much better than the stromberg carb that is presently on the 265. 
   Will the D 6S1 satisfactorily work on this engine ? 
   As always, very grateful for any input ?

According to the Daytona carb rebuild catolog the D6S1 was a carb used on 46-54 Dodges which had a 230 motor. Not sure if it would be appropriate for the 265.

Reference comes page five in the document located at this website. https://cdn.website.thryv.com/8c0139bc430e489cb98d24f13d5a80b2/files/uploaded/DPC catalog[1].pdf

Maybe a good question would be why not? Why are the different models of the carter B&B incompatible?

Maybe someone steeped in the art, engineering, tuning, and nuances of carburetors would kindly share the TLDR; version please?

The jets are different, or electrical components different with respect to each of the B&Bs? 

The B&B carb doesn’t really take into account the size of the engine, except maybe in how the factory tunes it. Most or all the rebuild kits are the same save for some gaskets.

Edited by wagoneer
  • Like 1