Switch and throttle knobs .

Fred Rascher

I’ve just been doing this myself on a 48 D25

The light switch knob is held on with a spring clip, I wiggled a small wire behind the knob to release , then just pulls off. All the rest of the knobs - choke, throttle, are fastened from behind the dash with a nut & lockwasher, they are what’s holding your speedometer cluster to the dash,( them & the high beam indicator). Remove the nut & lockwasher & remove cable & all towards you through the dash......

it used to be fun getting back there back in the day, now? ...   not so much ?

Some of the knobs that have a slit require you to push a thin blade screw driver to release pressure on the spring. Do so while putting on the knob and they slide off. Installation is just a push on.. A few knobs of the era had tiny allen key screws as well.

3 hours ago, Saskwatch said:

I’ve just been doing this myself on a 48 D25

The light switch knob is held on with a spring clip, I wiggled a small wire behind the knob to release , then just pulls off. All the rest of the knobs - choke, throttle, are fastened from behind the dash with a nut & lockwasher, they are what’s holding your speedometer cluster to the dash,( them & the high beam indicator). Remove the nut & lockwasher & remove cable & all towards you through the dash......

it used to be fun getting back there back in the day, now? ...   not so much ?

That's an odd way to spell "impossible".

• Like 3