New to me - 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe

bartenderfloyd

Just picked her up for the wife.  She always said she was born in the wrong era and loves the 1950's car looks.  Going to make a list of what it needs done today.  Can't wait for the temps to go above freezing so I can start working on it.

20210214_084805.jpg

Edited by bartenderfloyd
  • Like 5

Two door sedan....One of my faves, I’ve owned two and both had a hood spring quirk, the spring mechanism on the drivers side did not want to compress and bent the hood if you tried to force it.....so clean and lube your hood hinge mechanism or you will crease the hood, and that is permanent. Happy wife happy motoring!

Edited by Frank Elder

Great looking ride. Always been a favorite of mine. Those carbs are easy to rebuild, the kit is not expensive and work well when doing the job correctly. That being said I eventually swapped mine out but considering going back to the original. A carb rebuild would be a good winter project.

1 hour ago, Frank Elder said:

Two door sedan....One of my faves, I’ve owned two and both had a hood spring quirk, the spring on the drivers side did not want to compress and bent the hood if you tried to force it.....so clean and lube your hood hinge mechanism or you will crease the hood, and that is permanent. Happy wife happy motoring!

Thanks. I'll get right to it. The hood opens surprisingly easy. 

3 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Great looking ride. Always been a favorite of mine. Those carbs are easy to rebuild, the kit is not expensive and work well when doing the job correctly. That being said I eventually swapped mine out but considering going back to the original. A carb rebuild would be a good winter project.

Yes, I made another post about the carb.  I plan on doing that while my wife tends to the interior.

One of these days I'm going to be  smart enough to buy cars that look that good!

Honest!

Maybe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bartenderfloyd said:

Just picked her up for the wife.  She always said she was born in the wrong era and loves the 1950's car look

Now that is a trophy wife for sure, a real keeper!  ?  ?

DJ

7 hours ago, bartenderfloyd said:

Just picked her up for the wife.  She always said she was born in the wrong era and loves the 1950's car looks.  

20210214_084805.jpg

Nice car. Nice colour. Nice wife.

Edited by RobertKB