"No particular place to go"...Gotta favorite cruising tune?

'41 Fat Bottom Girl

On 2/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, Sniper said:

Anything by AC/DC would get me a speeding ticket in my youth....

Lol, you mean “hayseed Dixie”? ?

11 hours ago, plymjim said:

Of course we love the beep beep song! But the one that makes me put the pedal

to the metal is Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston (correct spelling?). Anything on the 

Sun label works too.

How many MOPAR tunes are out there? Little old Lady From Pasadena and........

IF IRC,Rocket 88 was originally written and performed by Link Wray,one of the best blues guitar players and song writers to have ever lived. He died just a few years ago,and was still touring. Never really made it as big as he should have because he didn't follow orders well. Do yourself a favor,and look up his song "Good Time Joe" and get shocked by what he was doing when he was doing it. He flat blows the walls off the joint.

Just now, knuckleharley said:

IF IRC,Rocket 88 was originally written and performed by Link Wray,one of the best blues guitar players and song writers to have ever lived. He died just a few years ago,and was still touring. Never really made it as big as he should have because he didn't follow orders well. Do yourself a favor,and look up his song "Good Time Joe" and get shocked by what he was doing when he was doing it. He flat blows the walls off the joint.BTW,"Good Time Joe" is guaranteed to get you a speeding ticket. Not to mention,maybe arrested for punching out the cop for stopping you and suggesting you turn the radio down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Remember Link Wray vividly. He played frequently around the Wash. DC area.

Still have a 45/ Rumble/The Swag. Your comment about the speeding ticket etc.

made me chuckle. Probably still have a pack of Luckys rolled up in your

t-shirt sleeve too, huh.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:58 PM, knuckleharley said:

Ahhhh,Stevie Ray Vaughn! THE greatest guitar player of all time. When he puts on his "stank face",the blues go to a whole new level.

His brother Jimmy ain't bad either,but even he knows he ain't in little brother's league.

Stevie was something else entirely.. I saw him in the early '80s at a little college auditorium just before his first album hit big and got an autographed copy of the album. Next time we saw him was at Memphis in May the year he died. Had to fight to be able to even get a glimpse. ?

There's a great version of Willy the Wimp from a concert in Norway or Finland or somewhere like that. Easy to find on YouTube.. 

LOVED Uriah Heep back in the early '70s. Was digging Wishbone Ash, Black Sabbath, the Alice Cooper Killer album, all that stuff back then, too. Good stuff!! 

5 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

Stevie was something else entirely.. I saw him in the early '80s at a little college auditorium just before his first album hit big and got an autographed copy of the album. Next time we saw him was at Memphis in May the year he died. Had to fight to be able to even get a glimpse. ?

There's a great version of Willy the Wimp from a concert in Norway or Finland or somewhere like that. Easy to find on YouTube.. 

LOVED Uriah Heep back in the early '70s. Was digging Wishbone Ash, Black Sabbath, the Alice Cooper Killer album, all that stuff back then, too. Good stuff!! 

Yup,to all of it!

• 7 months later...

I don't have a favorite cruising song, though I am partial to 'The Stroll' by The Diamonds. The Hollies 'Long Cool Woman' brings back memories of my first car, a clapped out 1965 Merc Marauder. 

My real cruising enjoyment is with one of my grandkids in the Ural sidecar, late on a calm starry night with just the sounds of the well muffled exhaust and the tires whirring on the pavement.