"No particular place to go"...Gotta favorite cruising tune?

'41 Fat Bottom Girl

All I got to say about that  ;)

kk I say a little more ... one day got out of night school  and driving home ... Had a lil Triumph spitfire with a huge arse toyota  1800cc dual overhead cam twin 2 barrels and headers and a 5spd and a yuuuge stereo .... Top down and just opened her up. Some camaro driving side by side on the freeway. We cruised at over 100mph for about 10 miles listening to this song. Not racing, just young and stupid.

Edited by Los_Control
  • Like 1

Been there, no music,on a clear highway, beautiful day ,( 100 mph plus), just enjoying the ride ,and  now the memory....?

Edited by T120
added text

23 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

Several years ago my son was playing in a blues band in St. Louis and the lead guitarist was from Wentzville. He said a lot of people out there didn't like Chuck because of the restaurant thing and he said he wouldn't play a Chuck Berry song. Then one night we were sitting in a club listening to them and what do you know, there's a Chuck Berry lick!  If you play rock and roll you play Chuck Berry. "Carol", "Nadine", "You Can't Catch Me", "Too Much Monkey Business", "School Days", "Wee Wee Hours", "Reeling and Rocking", every one a classic. It was one of the best experiences s in my life getting to see him at The Duck Room, the whole crowd shouting "Go, go, go Little Queenie!!" with Chuck ten feet away wailing on his 335..

Nobody was better than Chuck. 

He may have been a buttcrack,but he was one talented buttcrack!

Anything by AC/DC would get me a speeding ticket in my youth, no cruise control back then.

I hated the 55mph speed limit.  Now days, my tastes vary but I can't drive 55 will always bring a smile to my face.

And PA is spot on with the DJ comment, especially Alan Hunter.

Another song that comes to mind, might cause a person to step on it...Ram Jam - Black Betty. lol

Yessss- An omen to drive, man, drive!

That was an ode to the 55 mph max "fuel conservation" with the USA gas shortage- Remember even or odd days had to match your last even or odd license plate number in order to gas up? And sitting in lines hoping to get gas before the station ran out? That was the end of the "gas war" years when stations fought each other for the lowest prices. Then, a couple bucks for gas could keep you draggin' the main all evening...

So glad Sammy kept on after splitting with Ronnie Montrose- Always wished they had done a third album together...Never forget the first time I heard "Bad Motor Scooter" either. Thanx for the reminder, Sniper. In fact, thanx to everybody for the the song reminders. I am having to spend some money adding to my tunes collection! Great fun. A lot of my old LPs are long gone. 

Rock and Roll, R&B, Motown, Soul, Country, the Blues and all- it kept us rolling and full of life through one of the most amazing periods in time, all over the world.

Motorheads Forever!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T120 said:

Another song that comes to mind, might cause a person to step on it...Ram Jam - Black Betty. lol

The hootenanny breakdown in the middle of the song always cracked me up, everything's rocking along and suddenly we're barefoot and wearing overalls.. ?

Edited by MackTheFinger
  • Haha 1

Jake and Elwood saved me from (sorry, Sat. Nite Fever fans) the era of Disco...

Trying to get a club gig playing R&R in those days was almost impossible, even in the SF Bay Area...

I think the beauty of music is that most of us have a wide circle of tastes in music -and some part of that usually intersects with other person's circles of tastes.  There is almost always some foot-stompin' tunes we can agree on! 

Cruising the open road just listening to the machine and the road itself, or to music is a shared love for sure. There's nothing like hitting the road with our vintage iron.

Google seasick steve baracuda 68. this guy has been around a long time and he has music to suit all kinds of tastes. He does a song called "Can't teach old dog new tricks". Uses a guitar made from crosley hub caps. PA, check this  guy out. I'm prettysure  you can find something you will like.

25 minutes ago, 58prostreet said:

Google seasick steve baracuda 68. this guy has been around a long time and he has music to suit all kinds of tastes. He does a song called "Can't teach old dog new tricks". Uses a guitar made from crosley hub caps. PA, check this  guy out. I'm prettysure  you can find something you will like.

This wouldn't be,by any chance,the blues musician "Seasick Steve" that was touring in Europe several years ago,would it. He was phenomonel! 

49 minutes ago, Sniper said:

My musical tastes range wide.  Heck I was listening to Devil Doll last night, a rockabilly group.  Sometimes I even listen to disco, the horror!  lol

Me too, my tastes are rooted in Jazz, but my most played Pandora stations range from: Bebop (have that on right now), Oliver Nelson, Buddy Rich Big Band, Blues, Booker T and the MG's, Summer Oldies, Rockabilly and Surf Rock (the last two get a lot of garage play time).

I can listen to a variety of music...some genre I like more than others...some I detest and will not ever listen to.  Even at that, I have to be in the mood for some music and I can honestly say I do not like all songs of my favorite artists....I pick and chose and why I create discs etc as road tunes when traveling depending on my mood.  I will go without music before I will listen to a broadcast...

1 hour ago, RNR1957NYer said:

Me too, my tastes are rooted in Jazz, but my most played Pandora stations range from: Bebop (have that on right now), Oliver Nelson, Buddy Rich Big Band, Blues, Booker T and the MG's, Summer Oldies, Rockabilly and Surf Rock (the last two get a lot of garage play time).

Da blues. Be it urban,country,or Pink Floyd,I love da blues.

8 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Da blues. Be it urban,country,or Pink Floyd,I love da blues.

? Pretty much the same here. I got into blues pretty heavily in the '80's but I can get into some pretty hard rock, too; even metal if the synapses are short-circuited just right. My kid's a drummer and one of his friends who's sadly no longer with us played bass with Roomful of Blues, Fabulous T-Birds, Jimmie Vaughan, etc. and I got a better appreciation for The Meters and New Orleans music because of him. He really liked Louisiana swamp rock. They loved Matilda by Cookie and the Cupcakes. I didn't get into jazz even when I lived in New Orleans back in the '60's. 

You can see the kid's old buddy playing bass in this video a few years before the kid met him. I gotta admit I never cared much for Kim Wilson's voice but he's great on harp!!

1 hour ago, MackTheFinger said:

? Pretty much the same here. I got into blues pretty heavily in the '80's but I can get into some pretty hard rock, too; even metal if the synapses are short-circuited just right. My kid's a drummer and one of his friends who's sadly no longer with us played bass with Roomful of Blues, Fabulous T-Birds, Jimmie Vaughan, etc. and I got a better appreciation for The Meters and New Orleans music because of him. He really liked Louisiana swamp rock. They loved Matilda by Cookie and the Cupcakes. I didn't get into jazz even when I lived in New Orleans back in the '60's. 

You can see the kid's old buddy playing bass in this video a few years before the kid met him. I gotta admit I never cared much for Kim Wilson's voice but he's great on harp!!

Ahhhh,Stevie Ray Vaughn! THE greatest guitar player of all time. When he puts on his "stank face",the blues go to a whole new level.

His brother Jimmy ain't bad either,but even he knows he ain't in little brother's league.

Edited by knuckleharley

1 hour ago, MackTheFinger said:

? Pretty much the same here. I got into blues pretty heavily in the '80's but I can get into some pretty hard rock, too; even metal if the synapses are short-circuited just right. 

I am also a HUGE Uriah Heep fan. If you haven't heard of them,you owe it to yourself to check them out.

Of course we love the beep beep song! But the one that makes me put the pedal

to the metal is Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston (correct spelling?). Anything on the 

Sun label works too.

How many MOPAR tunes are out there? Little old Lady From Pasadena and........

• Like 1