Covid

pflaming

My first Moderna shot was today. 12:45pm appointment at a local Rite-Aid. Only one before me who went into a vacination room for maybe 5 minutes and back out to a waiting area for the usual wait for any reaction.

45 minutes later they finally decided I had waited long enough and was finally done in 3-4 minutes. No one else was waiting after I was told to hang there waiting for the 15 minutes.  Why the long wait??  ?

I am not complaining to loudly though as 2 of my friends who got the shot 3-4 weeks ago via our county had to park in a multiple level park garage walk two blocks then wait in a line outside mostly for 3+ hours. I could not do that!  While it was in the 40's and low 50's outside, more than I could deal with!

I waited for the local pharmacies to make the shots avail. at their stores here. Part 2 shot 28 days from today.

DJ

2 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

. . . 45 minutes later they finally decided I had waited long enough and was finally done in 3-4 minutes. No one else was waiting after I was told to hang there waiting for the 15 minutes.  Why the long wait?? . . .

I think they forgot about you.

The observation period is supposed to be 15 minutes if you don’t have a history of allergic reactions to vaccines and 30 minutes if you do.

For what it is worth, my wife and I pulled rank by being volunteer first responders and completed our Moderna vaccination a while back. Word of caution for those getting the Moderna vaccine: The second shot put us both back a bit: Me more than my wife. The next day we both felt slightly under the weather, good thing we are retired as going into work would not have been possible for me. I don’t know if the second shot on the Pfizer vaccine is better or worse.

My wife says the one lasting side effect that she has noticed is a revival of the desire to travel. We just got back from our first trip since the beginning of the pandemic. Here is what we were doing.

IMG_1168.JPG

• Like 5

Today is my birthday and I got a the first covid19 shot.  Great birthday present.  Next one in 20 days.  Thought I would be there for hours.  Les that an hour and I was back in my car.  Many thanks to all the people in Longview Texas that made this work so well.

Well according to what I am reading, either I have already had Covid or I will get it. I’m not going out of my way for either.

My wife went in and got her first shot and so far no reactions. I’m older than her but I let her go first, because she insisted. LOL

Then again, She doesn’t understand that thing about guinea pigs… ;)