Autolite Service Training School and Manual from 1939

desoto1939

I acquired several years ago an Autolite Service Traing Manual that is approximately 6 inches thick.  This manual and technical training manual was used by the Autolite Company to officially train any car dealership service technician on the proper ways to diagnose issues and how to service a car or truck that was equipped with Autolite components.

I took two small sections today and scanned these for your reading.

The first section covers the Sission choke  and the second section covers yes the lonely Brake light switch.  I also scanned a larger section that just covers the Autolite Sparkplugs adn the approximately 25-30 pages of detail training regarding how the plugs were made, hot/cold plugs, gapping, condition very interesting reading. So baically this school is similar to the Certified Mechanical school that our new mechanics have to go through to be certified.

Enjoy the reading with the snowy weather that we are having so you can gain more knowledge before we start using the cars in the spring.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Autolite Stop Light Switches.pdf Autolite Sisson Choke Training.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the great educational reading  Rich!

I love reading old technical bulletins.

Here is the sisson choke testing stand with the choke inthe starting position set at the  Zero marking.   image.png.1f444fd8cbc0c7bd37c7a0cd17dcdf72.png

Here is the sisson choke with the pin removed and the pointer is now set a 65 which is the temperature on the thermometer So the choke is working correctly.  I have just come across a send testing stand but is missing the thermometer any thermometer can be used to get a base temperature.

image.png.f0756435af6d8f1a40b9f7f422dcba01.png

Here are pictures of the original sisson tool and setup kit that came in a leather pouch.

image.png.9bc5bbf8bfad3b73634f932875b58fcb.png

Here is the information on each tool:

image.png.c23870090d98381b2bc0ace38104d2df.png

I have had this testing stand and original tools for over 15 years. Most of the Airflow owneres have never seen the adjustment tool for the setup of the ones onthe airflows and Chrysler straight 8 engine  that is tool AC-620.

I found this whole setup on Ebay.  So keep always looking.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 2