Spring Chicken

Frank Elder

Cardiac ablation on last weeks Thursday, Cardioversion on friday released saturday morning.......I don’t feel like a spring chicken but doggone it beats the heck out of Afib. I can breathe better and most of my blondness, I mean dizziness has gone away. More alert and less sleepy during the day, i used to have a button on my hind end that when sitting put me to sleep......lol.

Hooray for sinus rythmn!

Edited by Frank Elder
  • Like 1

Frank I have had Afib for 20 years now, interspaced with various attempts at correction(Med, various cardioversion and flutter ablations) Some worked, most did not. They gave up about 15 years ago. i have gotten used to it I guess, hate warfarin but other stuff very expensive($500-700 per month)  Looking forward to Watchman device installation after other health aggravations heal, then no more thinner. Glad to hear you are having success with your treatment

8 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Frank I have had Afib for 20 years now, interspaced with various attempts at correction(Med, various cardioversion and flutter ablations) Some worked, most did not. They gave up about 15 years ago. i have gotten used to it I guess, hate warfarin but other stuff very expensive($500-700 per month)  Looking forward to Watchman device installation after other health aggravations heal, then no more thinner. Glad to hear you are having success with your treatment

Thank you but the trail isn’t that smooth, a lot of damaged tissue so the ablation held for about ten minutes the afib took over so they gave me my fourth cardio.........but it was my first ablation so the cardio held this time, they think down the line it may go back to afib....I’ll take what I can get.

Shoveled snow this morning and didn’t need oxy so that was good, grab life with both hands and enjoy it boys thats what it is there for.

22 minutes ago, Frank Elder said:

Thank you but the trail isn’t that smooth, a lot of damaged tissue so the ablation held for about ten minutes the afib took over so they gave me my fourth cardio.........but it was my first ablation so the cardio held this time, they think down the line it may go back to afib....I’ll take what I can get.

Shoveled snow this morning and didn’t need oxy so that was good, grab life with both hands and enjoy it boys thats what it is there for.

Yours must be worse than mine.  Slowed me some over time but old age is more trouble.  Seems as if the tendency of Afib is to return.  Read about a procedure that the Cleveland Clinic does called The Maze procedure that I guess is an advanced ablation.   Never  was a candidate myself.  Still hope your problems are helped.  My flutter ablation 15 years ago certainly did help.  I had several cardio versions  but only the first one worked and that for three days.  Others not at all. But you never know. We all respond differently.  
Best to you

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Yours must be worse than mine.  Slowed me some over time but old age is more trouble.  Seems as if the tendency of Afib is to return.  Read about a procedure that the Cleveland Clinic does called The Maze procedure that I guess is an advanced ablation.   Never  was a candidate myself.  Still hope your problems are helped.  My flutter ablation 15 years ago certainly did help.  I had several cardio versions  but only the first one worked and that for three days.  Others not at all. But you never know. We all respond differently.  
Best to you

Bless you.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2021 at 10:27 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

one of favorite chicken cartoons......only Larson......

boneless-chicken-ranch-far-side-247x300.png

If you have heart issues, best of luck, but I hope you are not doing the below.

I miss Gary Larson. This is still my favourite.

6a871af3a7754a3ac7f1b2c11e4054bb.jpg.a9830b315f4d32b33c96a62a3a44d343.jpg

• Haha 1

I love you Robert for your spirit and commitment to completely stock Mopars you are kind and gentle to everyone on here including me......I wish you would have been one of my teachers.

As to the smoking I have decided to go for quality of life over quantity, my heart condition is genetic and it killed my gramps at 60, my father at 64, and his younger brother at 62......I am now 59 years of age and set in my ways. I smoke, I drink, and there is plenty of dead cow on my plate....lol....I would rather drop face first in my meal in the next five years than wearing a diaper and eating mush in the Veterans home.

All jocularity aside a pack lasts me about two weeks instead of one day and beer consumption is one a day, two on Saturday. I’m dead serious about red meat though.

Edited by Frank Elder
  • Like 4

Frank, While I managed to give up my tobacco habit years ago, I still enjoy a sip of whisky now and then....?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Elder said:

As to the smoking I have decided to go for quality of life over quantity, my heart condition is genetic and it killed my gramps at 60, my father at 64, and his younger brother at 62......I am now 59 years of age and set in my ways. I smoke, I drink, and there is plenty of dead cow on my plate....lol....I would rather drop face first in my meal in the next five years than wearing a diaper and eating mush in the Veterans home.

I am with you brother. I feel we do what we can here in this lifetime .... Am a goofy dude thinks we get re-incarnated. get a new life when done.

I am convinced that when we die ... do not go to the light .... it is a trick. Go away from the light and then you get to choose your future life.

I will be 58 this year, we are close to same age .... I smoked for 40 years ... since was 10 years old, been about 8 years now I quit.

Every male on my family side died around 60, I think now I will be first male to bypass them.  :)

I sure love my beer. I became disabled at age 49. Dr's are a bunch of idiots and cant figure out whats really going on. In my case.

Instead of taking mass pain pills, I use a beer or 3 to relax and forget about pain.

Keep on keeping on brother!

• Like 2

I am 68 and last year the arthritis pain in my hands and wrists was keeping me from working on my car or anything else. Then in June my doctor told me I had diabetes and prescibed pills, weight loss and diet change.  Now I have lost 25 pounds, am taking my meds, and have no pain in my hands or other joints.  It is like a new lease on life.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, RobertKB said:

If you have heart issues, best of luck, but I hope you are not doing the below.

I miss Gary Larson. This is still my favourite.

6a871af3a7754a3ac7f1b2c11e4054bb.jpg.a9830b315f4d32b33c96a62a3a44d343.jpg

Someone told me he recently came out of retirement and started making cartoons again

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

Someone told me he recently came out of retirement and started making cartoons again

I read he had done a small amount of work.

https://www.thefarside.com/

https://www.thefarside.com/new-stuff

Edited by plymouthcranbrook