This is for the Forum Administer Selecting a topic to view

desoto1939

I have recently come across an strange issue.  When i first come onto the forum on the Car side and try to select a topic that is not the first topic the listing will not open to view it.

I then have to go select the current first topic at the top of the list and open this topic and view the  listing

I then return back to the main listing page and then I can select the second or other topics.

This has jsut started a couple of days ago. Very strange.  I was able to select any topic in the list. Has there been any changes made to the database?

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Thank. you @desoto1939 for bringing the Admin's attention.

I just had the experience on the car side where I couldn't click on the links, and I needed to reload just to view this forum itself (Chrome MacOS).

While we are on the topic of weird viewing of listings -- Viewing car-side listings is fine, but frequently when I can only go to recent postings on the flathead truck forum by selecting it from the main page. When I go to the truck forum , the listings are really out of order and no where near the most recent listings (this time at this moment seems to be an exception, but new listings don't show up first at all). Notice that listings are january, sept 2020, sept 2019, jan 2019, 2017... 

image.png.86bca4710e2e2d3377551e34c84ead44.pngimage.png.ca625802fc8bab2b8f903e0d0e1e0940.png

3 hours ago, wagoneer said:

While we are on the topic of weird viewing of listings -- Viewing car-side listings is fine, but frequently when I can only go to recent postings on the flathead truck forum by selecting it from the main page. When I go to the truck forum , the listings are really out of order and no where near the most recent listings (this time at this moment seems to be an exception, but new listings don't show up first at all). Notice that listings are january, sept 2020, sept 2019, jan 2019, 2017... 

image.png.86bca4710e2e2d3377551e34c84ead44.pngimage.png.ca625802fc8bab2b8f903e0d0e1e0940.png

Those are pinned threads that are at the top of the truck forum, some have not been active in years...gotta scroll past those to see the recently active threads.  I bypass the pinned threads by going to the forum main page, and click on the date of the recent post for any forum, which takes me to that last post...after reading that, I scroll down to the Next Unread Topic link, then repeat til I'm all caught up :cool:

Edited by JBNeal

Sorry I have nit been able to reproduce this issue. Provide some additional info like OS version and browser used and browser version.  Then way I can maybe set up a duplicate test bed to reproduce the issue.  

I experienced the problem of no response when clicking on an unread thread link on my android tablet, but only briefly...once I clicked on the time of the unread thread's last post, I could click on other unread threads with no problems.  I was not able to duplicate this problem on my android phone nor my windows 7 laptop using google browser. 

I experienced it once a few days ago, using Google Chrome on my Win10 computer. I had been reading threads and got back to the main page. One more thread came up as unread but I couldn’t open it. The top several threads on the list wouldn’t open when clicked on. I finally got one a few lines down that would open, then I scrolled to the bottom and selected “next unread thread” to get back to the one I wanted to read. Since then I haven’t experienced it again. 

I have had the same problem a few times.  Just thought it was my old computer.  Nine year old Dell laptop - Windows 10 - Microsoft Edge.  When I would re boot the machine everything would work again.  I was being lazy and not re booting daily.  Since I started re booting every day I have not had the problem.

BTW Thanks for this site