Bell housing gaskets

Mertz

Got the bell housing off and noticed a few things I haven’t seen before. On the top of the bell housing is a large hole about 1 1/2” in diameter that has a rubber plug in it. The plug has a hole in it but I think that is from age. When cleaning the dirt off the back of the bell housing before I took it off I ran into what appears to be a felt gasket. When I got it off I noticed it also has a felt gasket on the other side on the outer edge. They are pinned on. I assume they are there to seal the bell housing from dirt. 

Are these available or do I have to make them?

It’s not the bell housing to trans gasket it’s the bell housing to block pan gaskets that I’m referring to. I don’t think I have a 4 speed to bell housing gasket. I’ll have to see if there is one on the trans or bell housing. F2A7346D-65C5-43F4-9719-2F2F1591F91E.jpeg.a1a819b32b6cb494b7ed205c92ddddb6.jpeg

Those are the ones. Mine are soaked in oil. I agree they are probably there to keep dirt out. 

Mine was partially intact but full of mud and oil so I took them off. I’ll glue on the new felt.