25inch motor

tub1

6 hours ago, tub1 said:

ok , how ever ive measured the head its definitely 25 inch

Well, either your tape measure has a typo, the engine is miss stamped or that website is wrong.  I know where I'd put my money lol 

Edited by Sniper

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Well, either your tape measure has a typo, the engine is miss stamped or that website is wrong.  I know where I'd put my money lol 

I might  guess it was an exchange engine that was restamped with the number to match the paperwork. What number is used for vehicle is on you to ownership documents, out is this a free range engine?

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Post WW2 or certainly from 1950 there seems to have been more 25" engines used here in Oz than the 23" engine........however I have info that shows BOTH 23" and 25" engine were used in the SAME year on the SAME car with the difference being the transmission used........ie...........if either the Overdrive OR Powerflite Auto gearbox was specified then the engine was the 25" with 228 cubes........however if neither of these transmission options was ordered and just the standard 3 speed was supplied then the car came with the 23" engine, with 218 cubes.............

.............then of course theres the situation here in Oz in the mid/late 50's where when just the 3 speed gearbox was ordered that the shift forks were on the US PASSENGER(Oz drivers) SIDE, the gearbox has NO parking brake hanging off the rear of it AND the Parking brake stuff is inside each rear brake drum!!...........but I degress..........lol........Tub1..............I can't help re the engine source but I will have a look thru my copy of Gavin Farmers 400 page tome, "Great Ideas in Motion" later...........regards, andyd    

hello, lately, and thanks to this forum i found the gaskets for my engine's head, T143, 25 inches long. It is a Canadian model which often differs from American engines. Is it a Canadian or an American car? maybe the number has been retyped?

T112 is a motor from a Canadian truck around 1940-41 and they are 25 inches long. Used in the Dodge 1/2 ton DC1

IMG_20210205_091118_resized_20210205_091515383[8667].jpg

Edited by 1949 Wraith
  • Like 1

hello andy , I have more info  serial no is 90035410  model DD1-16 Its in a 1/2 ton dodge pickup a nice original old truck and the motor looks original , and its a 25 inch motor same length as a kew motor

The "Kew" term was apparently used in reference to the 25" engines that were used in Oz.....some certainly had/have the letters"KEW" stamped into the engine number boss before the engine number.......from what I understand the KEW term related to the UK Head Office in the London suburb of Kew and the fact that the orders for these 25" engine which were supplied from Canada supposedly went thru that Kew office and as imports from a country in the British Commonwealth, ie, Canada recieved a reduced Tax rate...........its a term that no one outside of Oz will know anything about as a general rule and has come to be used, incorrectly I might add by Oz mopar people to any and all sidevalve Mopar sixes  here in Oz.............andyd 

• Like 1

I believe the 25" long Canadian block 3 7/16" bore , (237, 251, 265 ci) the same as the 25" long 3 7/16" bore American block. Same head gaskets and cooling passages. 

Biggest difference is, in Canada we only offered the 25" block from the foundry here. We bored and stroked the 25" all the way down to 218 ci. 3 3 ⅜ bore x 4 1/16 stroke.

Edited by keithb7

Allpar site has a quite comprehensive article regarding Chrysler's export strategies to deal with working around tarriffs, taxes, and customs fees.  They did the dance however the market country called the tune. Go to the site and search exports.