Fuel sending unit wire

Danielle

Not sure of exactly what you want to know, but on my 51 it goes along the top driver's inside of the trunk, to the very rear following the curve, then straight down alongside the trunk opening and there is a sheetmetal cover on the trunk floor if runs underneath thru the big rubber body plug in the trunk floor where the sending unit is,

I don't have the manual handy but I believe it's 14 gauge

body of fuel sender to ground. wire from terminal on sender directly to fuel gauge  terminal via the rear tail of your main harness to your fuel level indicator ( 1 terminal I think cause they must have corrected that 2 terminal furd idea by then). Case of instrument in dash should be 0 ohms to ground. Hope this helps and if it don't just ask. Mes Saluts! M

• Like 1

The single blue fuel tank sender wire (1949-52)  ends up at the back of the fuel gauge...usually goes up thru the drivers side roof.... down "A" pillar on to gas gauge...look for the blue wire.

• Like 2

I just replace the body harness on my 50 Dodge. It runs from the fuel gauge, up the driver side A pillar, along the roof above the door openings on the driver side, then down the C pillar and into the trunk. Then it ran along the trunk opening on the driver side towards the L tail light, then along the trunk floor to the sender. It's a 16 gauge blue wire. My harness was really stuck on some metal tabs that it ran through inside the A pillar. I used a bore scope to see what was going on inside there. The harness also runs through some metal loops along the roof. I still have the edge of my headliner down if you need any pictures. 

• 2 weeks later...

The wire on the sending unit in the tank goes to one post on the back of the fuel gauge.  The other gauge post is hooked to keyed power from the ignition switch.  The sending unit provides a variable and progressive ground for the gauge.