It's Groundhog Day!

bamfordsgarage

...and that always reminds me of October 2010 when good friend Jerry and I stopped in at Punxsutawney, PA on our way from Edmonton, Canada to Hershey, PA for the big AACA swap meet.  The old Mopar connection? We were driving my faithful 1947 D25 Canadian-built Dodge on a 30-state odyssey around the US of A.

Pux is all about their most famous resident Phil the Groundhog. The town is littered with groundhog figures and Gobbler's Knob is at a park just outside town. We even caught a glimpse Phil in the town's Groundhog Museum/Public Library.  Good times... 

Pux1.jpg

Pux2.jpg

Pux3.jpg

Pux5.jpg

Pux6.jpg

Pux7.jpg

• Like 5

my daughter in Washington State already sent a message in here that it is 6 more weeks of winter and as we all know it is exactly 6 more weeks to spring.....BUT...I say that to say this....Phil was spotted on a surfboard on a beach in Hawaii shooting a curl and what we  had was his rat bastard double, a rabid gopher out of Texas standing in for him.   I knew that if he did not see his shadow, it was a certainty that he would see his breath.....even here we hit about 29 degree last night low....

• Haha 1

My Groundhog Day every winter is the day the sun rises before 7:00 AM (last week).  Doesn't matter what ol' Phil sez, on February 2nd, there's always six more weeks of winter up here.  Heck, it's just starting to get good!