We had a beautiful sunrise this morning.

casper50

That looks exactly like where I live, except the Mountain View, snow, sun rise, all that color ?just kidding 

Can’t wait to see it firsthand, bought our tickets last month, gonna do the tourist thing in June this year.

flying into Fairbanks, renting a vehicle, going to Denali, then to Anchorage then back home to the grayness 

Woo hoo, fish on!!! ?

Brent if you make it down to the Kenai Peninsula give me a shout.  Fishing the Kenai river for Kings, (if they have a season this year), is an awesome experience.  We also have trophy trout in it. 30" ers aren't uncommon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of hours past sunrise but the view south from "the new burn" this morning. A month or so past mid summer. 20° Celsius. No snow but still green.imagejpeg_3.jpg.e7c7a010294ab6ff392297654d3521f0.jpg

Mid June, mid winter. Typical fine winters day. Again looking south. This time from below the old bush paddock. Temperate climate here. 2° Celsius. Only twice in my life has snow covered the ground here. Behind me to the north as the crow flies about 12 miles to the sea.imagejpeg_2.jpg.7e9a26674f1e7e0d3f79f5f53c1c0b75.jpg