Oil filter lines

Vin's 49 Plymouth

Hi everyone,

I've run into a issue with my P15C oil filter lines.

When I got the car the filter wasn't connected. And I have searched photos, not all them are routed the same way. I have also seen the old oil system diagram that doesn't seem have a clear routing path.

Can I get some input on what is the correct routing? : the red arrow is the current return line and as you can seen the inlet line is not routed.

Thank you!

Vince

oil filter lines.jpg

Edited by Vin's 49 Plymouth

The one labeled "to crank case" is actually the main oil gallery and the supply to the filter, that goes into the filter's top fitting.  The one written in red (I can't read it) is the return and hooks to the lowest fitting on the filter.    At least that's how it is on my 51.

• Like 4

Thank you Sniper,

I thought that was correct, but today I pushed the line through to see if it was reverse flare. But it went about 4 inches in, I think it hit the supply tube or the crank.

You would think it would be some sort of flare.

All the oil lines I have seen on all mopar end other engines ALL without exception have a brass adaptor that screws into the block using various NPT threads and then and only then the oil line with the steel gland nut screws into the brass adaptor and the oil line which has a flared end is held tight against the brass fitting sealing the union........without the brass fitting there is NOTHING to stop the metal oil pushing through the gland nut like the 4" you mention..........you need a brass adaptor to stop that happening............andyd

• Like 3

Thank you Andy D & DJK,

I think your both right, I think when it was acid dipped before machining, the fitting was taken out and not put back.

Thanks again!

Vince

• Like 1