New Member / Need A Schematic

TravisL17

Hello All. Allow me to introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a couple years soaking up wisdom. A few ago I bought my first classic car, a 50 DeSoto Custom. I'll admit that Mopars weren't even on my radar, but when I saw the ad I fell in love with the style of early 50's and 40's Mopars. I found this forum before I even bought the DeSoto and began studying. A year later I picked up a 50 Meadowbrook. I ultimately ended up selling the DeSoto and keeping the Dodge. I'm currently in the process of rewiring the Dodge along with some other side projects that came up while rewiring. Thanks to the advice here, I purchased all the harnesses from RI wiring. Absolutely impressed with their workmanship. I am also replacing the carpet which I ordered from Stock Interiors. I will post some follow up with fit and finish since it seems there has been some interest in guys here wondering about their quality. I also picked up an untested dash clock last week. It arrived not working, but with some internet research and some tinkering, I was able to get it working. I have the service manual for my car, but the page with the D34 schematic was torn out long ago. I searched the tech archives here and did not find the schematic I need. Is anyone willing to share theirs? Thanks in advance! The picture is my Dodge taken by photographer that was kind enough to share his work with me. It was taken at Mopars In The Park 2019.

Image-1.jpg

• Like 1

Marcel- they included the charts, but I'm reworking the turn signal wiring. RI didn't list my car as having turns, and mine appear to be a dealer install. I want to match original colors to not add confusion at a later date.

Joe- Thanks for the diagram. It doesn't match up to what my harnesses look like though.

Edited by TravisL17

Hey Travis,

Won't be a perfect match, but most of the wiring diagram should be accurate. This is just a generic diagram to cover all Chrystler models from the 30's to the 50's. Most model cars did not come with turn signals yet this diagram covers them.

Joe Lee 

It's a 3 wire switch, says DONA on the back of the housing. Just a couple patent numbers on the actual switch body inside. After looking at your diagram I can see now the original colors were red, brown and green. Nice schematic BTW. I like that it has the wire gauge also. Originally the turns didn't operate when the brakes were applied because of the 3 wire switch. I'm making my own turn signal harness with a couple DPDT relays to isolate the turns/brake so the turns will continue to flash while braking. I want to stick with original wire colors if possible, hopefully minimizing confusion later in life. Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!