1953 Dodge Meadowbrook

Crisjr14

Good Morning I am in the process of trying to find a driver side rear used but good drum for my '53 Dodge Meadowbrook as well as 20 right handed studs the picture attached is the type style lugs I need and nuts want to change them all to right hand cant find left hand nowhere  I have found the drums new but way out of my range $400 and up if anyone has a connection or knows someone who could help me find one it would greatly appreciated thank you 

Screenshot_20210126-101424_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Crisjr14
Forgot picture and wording

the studs in the original post cannot be just pressed in as the Dorman ones shown.  The originals have a smooth shank and require special tooling to install and stake tightly.

The Dorman (and almost all others) have a section that is sort of splined and intended to be inserted into a hole just a little larger than the splines root diameter.

I would strongly recommend removing the old, drilling the holes to the size needed for the newer stuff.  The only caveat, is select the correct size drill.  It makes installation easier and will prevent loosening.

I got mine from a trailer parts place.  Most farm and ranch stores have them in the trailer parts area.  Any parts store will have an assortment of them also. 

Bottom line, the originals are hard to find and hard to install and have no real advantages over the newer style.  I'd expend no effort on the originals, unless doing a true detail restoration.  And I don't do those, I repair not restore.  Just not my thing

Edited by kencombs

Ok so update I have been told that it would probably be alot cheaper to just change the rear end on it with the drums costing at least $400 and up so now the new question is what kind of rear end will fit in the '53 and maybe with out alot of trouble in the conversion please was told I could get a Camaro rear end at a wrecking yard for around $200 does that sound about right? Any help will be great thank you 

I'm sorry Ken combs I thought I had updated the post but I see now I never did sorry but yes I did find the studs and nuts unfortunately removing the rear drums was a nightmare and totally messed them up and trying now to get info on a rear end conversion as I was told would be alot cheaper project than spending the $400 apiece for the rear drums 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:00 PM, Sniper said:

Camaro rearend would have a different bolt pattern.  Fords and Mopars are where you will find the 5 on 4.5" pattern your 53 has, only need one spare then, lol.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:02 PM, Crisjr14 said:

I'm sorry Ken combs I thought I had updated the post but I see now I never did sorry but yes I did find the studs and nuts unfortunately removing the rear drums was a nightmare and totally messed them up and trying now to get info on a rear end conversion as I was told would be alot cheaper project than spending the $400 apiece for the rear drums 

There’s a special tool for removing the rear drums. I’ve seen people use other methods but there’s only one BEST way.

I don’t recommend not owning one of these. I would buy a second one straight away if mine broke. You might be able to do some more searching and find a better price or a different brand that suits you, but this is what you need to do the job.

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-7394-Universal-Hub-Puller/dp/B0002SRH60