I Made it Back!

nonstop

Hi All!

I took a bit of a hiatus!  I still have my 1954 Royal, and it has served me well.  I recently acquired two new rides (and became a Mopar guy by default)!  

First ride is a 1951 B-3-B.  It is in good shape (once I evicted a critter or two), and I got it started.  It does have a rod knock and I will be exploring replacing the crank in the truck.  This will split DD duties with the Royal.

The other ride is a 1940 Chrysler New Yorker.  This is in great shape and hopefully running in the next few days.  It will be a weekend cruiser.  I am already learning this one will take a bit of patience, as many parts will have to be hunted down or sent out to be rebuilt!

I will be bouncing all over the forum pulling from others knowledge and hopefully being able to offer up plenty of my own.

Just nice to be back!

• Like 3

Hey, sorry for the late response - been in and out all week for work and such!  I just got a spare crank ground.  If going to do the job, I should just do it once and do not want to drop the pan more than once. Got most bugs figured out, just waiting on brake shoes and then set the crank in and I should be good to go!

Chrysler should be fired off this weekend.  Once I can do that, it will be on to the brakes.

As for photos, mine are all bigger than the 3mb limit.  I will have to add them later from a hosting site.

4 hours ago, nonstop said:

Hey, sorry for the late response - been in and out all week for work and such!  I just got a spare crank ground.  If going to do the job, I should just do it once and do not want to drop the pan more than once. Got most bugs figured out, just waiting on brake shoes and then set the crank in and I should be good to go!

Chrysler should be fired off this weekend.  Once I can do that, it will be on to the brakes.

As for photos, mine are all bigger than the 3mb limit.  I will have to add them later from a hosting site.

You can crop your pics directly from your phone (or computer) to get them under 3mb.  You can Google it or I can help you if needed.

• 10 months later...