gas cap gasket

capt den

cap is on ebay, for $50.00. not sure the gasket will be good on a 65 year old cap. olsen gasket can make one but they were not sure if it will be ethanol resistant. i did get the one that was on here somewhere about 12 years ago. not sure where. will just keep looking.   capt den

25 minutes ago, Sam Buchanan said:

Several years ago I needed a fuel cap gasket for the kit car. I ordered a piece of viton from McMaster Carr and cut a new gasket.

Ditto.

Except I wasn’t as scientific, I just got some rubber like material from my local hardware store and cut a gasket from it. I figured it would either work or not. If it worked I was done. If it degraded due to chemical incompatibilities, then I could order some appropriate material online and was only going to be out a dollar or two for the stuff from the hardware store. Turns out it has held up fine for over five years now.

i have an old wetsuit that does not fit me anymore. i think it is neoprene. will cut one from that thanks for the replies. always amazed at the knowledge on this site and all the other interesting tips and solutions.    capt den