1948 Sedan Seals, windows and more seals. Whats the best!

MeticulousFab

Finally getting to the end of my 48 Build. Have a few questions after a ton of research.  Just figured before I placed all my orders that its the best stuff to go with. 

1) Need new window glass. All windows.  Going with vent window delete and tinted windows. Looks like Bob's classic auto glass is the way to go but I have to call if I can get vent window delete from them. Whats the best place to order from in your opinions?

2) Need new door seals and every other seal on the car. Whats the best brand to go with and order from. Research has me leaning towards Steele but any opinions are welcome. 

3) Need window seals and misc too which i would assume steele as well. 

Just want to know the best, not the best deal. Much easier to buy everything once than getting the wrong stuff. Thanks for your help. 

20201230_232548.jpg

20210115_132558.jpg

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Wow, turbo LS?  Nice craftsmanship from what I can see.

Can't help on your questions, but will be following because I need the same stuff too, lol.  Seals anyway. 

Yes sir 76mm Turbo 5.3 Ls, 4l80, 8.8 rear, custom chassis, floors misc.  Only stockish is the body.  Just trying go get the seals before final welding door jams.

Current should be 600 rear wheel easily.  Only restriction is the stockish longblock right now. I have a forged longblock Im putting together for it that will be closer to 1000.  Want to have 800 rwhp on 91 for cross country trips.

Rockers were extended to make the trim level when its layed out, and to be able to bring the rear wheels out further due to fender shape.  I have another set of those getting made with different specs than what i needed early in the build.

2 hours ago, MeticulousFab said:

Figured the forums would be helpful for such a simple question but I guess no one replaces seals on these cars. 

Last year I replaced all the glass in my 52 Concord except in the back.  I ordered them from Bob's Classic Auto.  Each of the 8 pieces was a perfect match to the original.  I got a front window seal and vent window seal from Steele.  The front window seal wasn't cheap but it fit well.  The door seals came from Bernbaums and it was in lengths.  This was the first time I ordered this kind of stuff so I don't have a comparison.

I thought about deleting the vents but that was beyond my expertise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grea235 said:

Last year I replaced all the glass in my 52 Concord except in the back.  I ordered them from Bob's Classic Auto.  Each of the 8 pieces was a perfect match to the original.  I got a front window seal and vent window seal from Steele.  The front window seal wasn't cheap but it fit well.  The door seals came from Bernbaums and it was in lengths.  This was the first time I ordered this kind of stuff so I don't have a comparison.

I thought about deleting the vents but that was beyond my expertise.

Thank you very much. Its tough because no one sells everything and I can't afford to buy things twice.  All reviews are good reviews to me.

Me too.  It was nerve racking getting the side windows in.  I wrapped them in bubble wrap so they wouldn't get scratched.  The pain was the window sweeper.  It's generic stuff.   I could find any clips but they may be out there.  For the outside, I used those plastic push holders.  I poked a hole with an awl and trimmed the button part.  Thr inside ones were put in the existing staple holes with t50 staples.  

Worked ok for my non-original car.

20210126_112024_resized.jpg

• Like 1