'52 B3B Resto-Mod

Starman

Rather than using even more chemicals (and inhaling the fumes) I decided to take  the frame, running boards, inner fender walls and a few other things and get them blasted and powder coated.

During the tear down and starting the rebuild, I found that the truck had suffered from a few more accidents than originally thought, and though repaired somewhat, it wasn't quite as pristine condition, but still not too bad. Besides, it had worked pretty hard on the farm for years and then left to rust in the fields for several decades...

Now I get to have the fun of getting it close or better than original condition.

Cab-reclined-sm.jpg

Been working on the suspension and decided to drop the height by an inch or two.  I had to replace one of the shackle brackets on the front and have gotten all the springs primed and painted.

I had the rear axle rebuilt with new bearings, upgraded axle, differential with and updated pro posi unit, and disc brakes, properly aligned perches. (I'm trying not to buy every tool I need, and am learning a ton, but am not skilled enough to take that sub-project on.)

I've got the rear axle mounted I'm waiting on the bushings to be pressed in on the front spindles and finishing the work on the front end.1384560303_NewRearAxle-mounted-sm.jpg.10f7f5024a57a0c67b43c85fdd58c642.jpg

New RearAxle-1-sm.jpg

FrontAxle-3-sm.jpg

6 hours ago, Tooljunkie said:

I assume you had perches welded on to match original rear end? 
i changed my powertrain so had to set pinion to match the new driveline angle. 

Yes, they are the same. Of course, when we mount the 360 engine and 727 tranny, the mounts will will need to match up. That'll also require a custom drive shaft as well.

It seems one thing leads to another. ?

7 hours ago, Starman said:

Yes, they are the same. Of course, when we mount the 360 engine and 727 tranny, the mounts will will need to match up. That'll also require a custom drive shaft as well.

It seems one thing leads to another. ?

Thats exactly what i did. 360/727. Motorhome engine. 
moved steering box 1-1/2” left and engine roughly 1-1/2” right.  
Barely 1/2” between starter (dakota)and steering box. Should have gone higher