Windshild adjustment

SteveR

Hi guys, My windshield on the passenger side leaks water inside. Could someone tell me how to properly adyust the windshield?

Thanks

Ditto Marcel's post.  No "adjustment" per se.  If the weatherstrip is original or old, it is most likely deteriorated enough to leak.  Apart from replacing the weatherstrip, leaks can be fixed with automotive glass sealer, or just silicone (almost the "same difference", but not quite).  But, also as Marcel notes, if it is leaking on the body side of the weatherstrip, there may be some issues with the metal that should be corrected, or it will come back to haunt you.  New(er) weatherstrip may have flaws, or wasn't sealed completely when installed.  Our D24 has a small leak on the passenger side windshield that is from the original weatherstrip having hardened so there is no watertight seal around the glass any more.  

It appears you may have a crank-out windshield. I have one on my 1938 Dodge pickup. I've replaced the glass and weatherstrip and tried all sorts of readjustments with the hinges, etc. I still have a place right over the steering wheel where it leaks in a heavy downpour. I've learned to live with it.

Pete

17 hours ago, Pete said:

t appears you may have a crank-out windshield. I have one on my 1938 Dodge pickup. I've replaced the glass and weatherstrip and tried all sorts of readjustments with the hinges, etc. I still have a place right over the steering wheel where it leaks in a heavy downpour. I've learned to live with it.

Hi Pete, yes you would be correct My 37 does crank out. The windshield and seals are all new. The window had to have some work done on it back in 2017 by the previous owner. I had to partially remove the head liner to repair the electric wipers and noticed there are 2 adjustment on each end of the windshield. This leak can be quite bad and drips down onto the carpet it also has stained the headliner in that area.

Because I do not have a service manual I was wondering if there is a proceduer for adjusting it.

Hi Steve,

I could not find an adjustment procedure in the manual. My method was to loosen the hinge screws and move the windshield frame around until I had the best fit.

Pete

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

I could not find an adjustment procedure in the manual. My method was to loosen the hinge screws and move the windshield frame around until I had the best fit.

Thanks Pete, I thought as much. I think I will get strips of paper and place them around the window and adjust and pull the strips. I really cant see any other way of doing it. Thats for yours and everyones imput.