Eddy Edmunds Cylinder Head and Intake Value

Kenneth Scheller

I'm going through my Father's 50+ yr collection of old engines and NOS parts. He had an Eddy Edmunds Head and Intake Manifold with carbs for the Dodge 230 flathead. I don't do eBay, looking for current market value as I have someone interested in purchasing the pieces. I also have a vintage Mallory dual point distributor, any ideas on that as well, thanks. 

20201211_142233.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was originally to going to use these pieces for an engine build to install in a 1953 1 1/2 ton Dodge truck. Turned out the guy didn't have a title for the truck, bummer. I remember my dad showing me these parts when I was a kid about 50 years ago. Why is it so hard to let things go? Thanks again for your help.

Personally, I don't think I could part with those considering the history. I'd hang them somewhere in my shop until I found a use for them. Your parts though and it's still a free country, at least for a little while longer. 

Edmunds heads had a problem with pourous castings of the head, bad quality control in their last years of production.  You can test it by duct taping all the coolant passage holes and the heater outlet then pour several ounces of water, put some food coloring it it, put 10 or so psi of compressed air to the temp sensor pot and watch for leaks. Typically they occur between the cooling fins on the top of the head.  If it leaks it's garage art worth the scrap value of 8 or 10 pounds of aluminum.  By the erosion of the casting in the thermostat area, I would guess this may be one of the problem lots.

• Like 1