14th Annual Clements Tailgate, in Clements California BBQ

48Dodger

On 4/21/2021 at 12:25 AM, 48Dodger said:

Thank you everyone for the best time of the year!!!

I'll sort the pictures I have and post them soon.

I was looking at Brent's (Brentb3b) burnout and realized there's no way to save it, so I took a few more pictures for my own memories of Gary. I'm working on a collage of past pictures to give his wife. She contacted me before the show and wished everyone a good time and wants to see the pictures of this BBQ. 

Ed......next trip to Minnesota, I'll hand the stainless steel grille bars over.....BUT you owe me a trip to the BBQ before there are no more!!!!!!

Thanks to Kevin(Bluzhog53) for bringing the bitchin' ride he won....AND for the excellent sound system.....you are awesome, my friend! 

I have admired Charlie's(51Hemi) truck for years. He shows up just about every year and helps knock out the tough stuff weeks before the BBQ. After so many years of being a true friend, it was time to crown his truck "Best Of Show"!!! and yeah, its got a Hemi"!

Jim Shepard (Jim Shepard) is the best. He's been a good friend for so long and really the first contact I had with a real Pilot House Era truck.

And the long distant travelers.....Oregon, Minnesota, Southern Cal, Nevada....and any I missed. You guys humble me, thank you.

I'm just getting older and richer with all my truck buddies.....I appreciate you all. 

The plan my wife and I agreed to is, 20 BBQ's......there will be only 6 more Tailgate BBQ's!

Hope to see you at one soon!:D

Tim aka 48Dodger

D9E4C69E-7ECA-47CA-A34B-29244AB039B1.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Bluzhog53 said:

D9E4C69E-7ECA-47CA-A34B-29244AB039B1.jpeg

Thanks Tim and Steph for another great BBQ this year and the “ Wish I Was A Truck” award! Maybe by the time the 20 th comes around I’ll have my damn truck done!!! Brisket for all!!!

1 minute ago, Bluzhog53 said:

Thanks Tim and Steph for another great BBQ this year and the “ Wish I Was A Truck” award! Maybe by the time the 20 th comes around I’ll have my damn truck done!!! Brisket for all!!!

30864E22-6D9D-4C1C-AB68-09B7A6C62637.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks again Tim & Stephanie for a great event. Great people, great cars and trucks, great scenery, and great food. What more can you ask for. I am so proud and humbled for the trophy. When I bought the truck back in 1980, I could have never imagined that I would have this honor. I wish I had a picture of it when I first bought it for $25.00 dollars. Needless to say, it has come a long way in its evolution since then   

IMG_1120.JPG.35c9e528e0aeb41fef7858c3e9fba705.JPG

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 51Hemi said:

I wish I had a picture of it when I first bought it for $25.00 dollars.

Man that's a beautiful ride, I actually do have a picture(s) of mine that I bought, also for $25 just up the road from that barbecue.

Hopefully next year I'm going to get out there since I have family close by, unfortunately my truck will not be with me.

• Like 1

• 48Dodger changed the title to 14th Annual Clements Tailgate, in Clements California BBQ