14th Annual Clements Tailgate, in Clements California BBQ

48Dodger

Ok...Zac stopped in and helped the old man, but still plenty to do.

The flyer is done, so look for that, and the yard is coming together.

The fire pit area is ready and the shop is ......well....I use it as a shop, so it needs a bit of dusting, lol.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE TRUCKS TO COME ROLLING IN!!!!

Here's a reminder of 2016......

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

48D

• Like 4

Just read the first report on the weather .......78 degrees and no clouds! Woohoo!

Make sure your Sun visors work cuz it's gonna Sun shiny outside! :cool:

48D

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

Just read the first report on the weather .......78 degrees and no clouds! Woohoo!

Make sure your Sun visors work cuz it's gonna Sun shiny outside! :cool:

48D

Where the heck are you getting an accurate forecast for a date more than a month in the future?

Heck, the LA/Ventura office of the National Weather Service has been noting that their models have been in disagreement about the weather 5 days off so their confidence is very low about what is going to happen next week. And I don’t recall them every hazarding a guess about things further out than two weeks even with the various forecasting models are all in agreement.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, TodFitch said:

Where the heck are you getting an accurate forecast for a date more than a month in the future?

Heck, the LA/Ventura office of the National Weather Service has been noting that their models have been in disagreement about the weather 5 days off so their confidence is very low about what is going to happen next week. And I don’t recall them every hazarding a guess about things further out than two weeks even with the various forecasting models are all in agreement.

Lol, psst. Tod it a “teaser”......

he didn’t say what day the forecast is for, or even where.

but, I’ll bet it will be close so ?

can’t wait!

Edited by Brent B3B
Thanks again autocorrect!
  • Thanks 1

It's a tradition....Tod questions my belief in weather guessing almost every year. I also believe the Oakland A's will win it all every year....and as a rancher, I rely on the weather to grow grass for my cattle...when it comes to that, I never believe it until I sees wet stuff hit the turf. As for the actual question, Accuweather.

48D

• Haha 1

OK, just got the wife's approval to go for the road trip (I know that sounds weak but there are reasons).  We will be there but unfortunately, no '54 Dodge to show you guys.  Lots of photos though.  lol

Have been working on the restoration for about 20 years now (can explain that when we get there).  Baring the end of the world.... Engine should be done, Paint should be complete, Bed boards also on the finished list, Transmission is the stumbling block as well as the final assembling.

May be able to get there on Thursday definitely by Friday (late).  Any suggestions on places to stay?

Looking forward to our first BBQ with some like minded folks.

Ken & Becky

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.  We like Holiday Inn when we travel so that should be good.

Looks like your project car is about 4 years older than mine.  I may have to pick your brain one of these days.

Obviously I am new to this group but I will find out who is who as quickly as I can.

Ken

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 4:59 AM, ggdad1951 said:

well just me....sadly no lady friend to come along....

Does that mean PUMA is still a go? You could claim as an emotional support animal on the plane....

cat+looking+out+of+plane.jpg

Edited by John-T-53
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

Does that mean PUMA is still a go? You could claim as an emotional support animal on the plane....

cat+looking+out+of+plane.jpg

I don't think Tim wants his puppies beat up by a tiny grey kitty so she will stay home and emotionally support TODD and FEF.

• Haha 2

What to do this weekend?????

• Get your vacation request slip confirmed!!

• Check the trailer bearings, lights and registration

• Get the bugs out of the truck/car brakes 

• Fix the blinkers

• Double check Google maps on how to get to the BBQ!!!!!

• Get the plane tickets boughten 

• Pick your team for the March Madness (Gonzaga!!!)(or frozen four)

• Get the dialog going on a caravan

• Finally slap in that T-5 in your 50 and drive it all the way from Wilton to Clements!!

• Put on your custom mask

• Take time to make friends with the cops on your planned route

• Dust off the speedometer and practice your Fluid-Drive skills

• Check your truck bed for any Chevy or Ford guys trying to sneak in 

• And bring extra batteries for the camera!

ITS JUST 3 1/2 WEEK AWAY!!!! :lol:

48D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2021 Trophy List

1   "Best of Show" (truck)

2   "The Working Truck" award (in everyday use work or otherwise)   

3   "Best Vintage Look" award  (ex.looks like its never stopped working, might have had a dozen upgrades) 

4   "The Tough Trucker" award (ex. broke down 3 times to the truck show but still make it)

5    "Friend of the Show"  (someone who gives their time to the BBQ)

6    "The Wish I Was a Truck" award (goes to a car guy)

7     "Builders Award"-Paint   

8    "Builders Award"-Engine

9     "Best Non-Truck Award" (not quite a truck, most likely a car)

10    "Longest Traveled" award (vehicle not required)

Special Awards

11    "Wish You Were Here" award (given to some one who hasn't been yet)

12     "Key to the Ranch" award 

48D

Frozen Four will be done before the Q this year....hopefully the Gophers bring home the bling and leave the STINKIN BADgers in the dust (like last night's game).  We don't need no stinking BADgers....

• Like 1

The BBQ will be awesome this year…!!

...Its a gathering of world travelers and Mopar know- it- alls (lol). A place to say “hey” to vintage trucks, cars, and the old guys who love them. When the event is underway, a few forum names would come up....some asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".  Each year I give out an award to someone who symbolizes the fun of meeting a person known only from the internet, someone you’d hope would be at the BBQ. 

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award".

An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited!!

Past winners:

2008  Don Coatney

2009  Merle Coggins

2010  Hank aka HanksB3B

2011   Ed aka Young ED

2012   Bud aka Budstruck

2013   Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams

2014    Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav

2015   Joe Hanely aka 52b3 Joe

2016   Dave aka Dave72dt

2017   Rob aka Dodge4ya

2018   JB Neal

2019  Todd B

This gentleman has the distinct honor of winning the award two years in a row. Why? Because, it's only right that he has the opportunity to meet his friends at a BBQ that’s actually gonna happen! This is what I said last year... “The reason so many of us have become friends is because of the continued efforts of one person. Someone who has been working at this for quite some time. He’s the gentleman behind the curtain, the trucker who tunes the algorithm when it's out of rhythm. He’s a dude who loves the old iron just as much as the next guy. He’s the reason I have so many friends across the globe. I can’t thank you enough!”   Whether or not he can make it to the BBQ, is yet to be determined, but he still deserves the recognition!  

•  2020/21  GTK Webmaster  •

Forum Admim/Webmaster Extraordinaire

Congratulations again Sir!!! Look for your trophy in the mail for real this time my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, 48Dodger said:

Awesome!! How far you coming from? 

48D

Coming about 540 miles from Henderson, Nevada.  Looks like it will be an 8 hour drive.  We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Lodi.

How do we find the Ranch and do you need any last minute help on Friday?  Not sure what to bring to the BBQ but let us know and we will bring it if it isn't to expensive or bulkier that a stack of 4' x 8' plywood 2 foot high.  We have some Ball Park hotdogs, chicken thighs or breasts, personal recipe hamburgers or some pork chops in the freezer we can thaw out in a cooler on out way over there.

We are excited about meeting everyone.  Sorry we can't bring our '54 Dodge V8 truck but hope some pictures will mask the fact we will be driving a 2014 Toyota van.

(We can leave the van outside of the gate and walk in with the photos, if need be.)

Ken & Becky Colgate

Edited by 54Dodgeguy
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:07 PM, 54Dodgeguy said:

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Lodi.

How do we find the Ranch........

Ken, east on Kettleman, left on 88, right on Brandt.... 51AA92C0-6581-42FC-9508-97256C5967F7.jpeg.d06232ca3d6d630ef50b610bf1dcb25e.jpeg

then roll your window down, listen for the subtle sound of a flathead with Swiss cheese for an exhaust system. Or look on the horizon for the blueish white cloud...... that will be me. I’ll be on the track preparing to “school” those T-5 brothers ?

Edited by Brent B3B
Spellcheck has it out for me
  • Haha 2

35% chance of rain a few days before the BBQ....enough to settle the dust!

NO RAIN predicted for the actual day of BBQ, wohoo!.......69 Degrees. 

Bring your Minnesota Sun Tan Lotion...its getting all summertime out here!

48D 

• Like 2

• 48Dodger changed the title to 14th Annual Clements Tailgate, in Clements California BBQ