14th Annual Clements Tailgate, in Clements California BBQ

48Dodger

APRIL 10TH 2021

CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ in CLEMENTS, CALIFORNIA

Home of the largest meet up of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks

in the WHOLE WORLD!!! MARS AND JUPITER TOO!!!

We get invaded by Vintage Cars and Trucks from other makers,

BUT WE DON'T CARE! CUZ WE ARE COOL TRUCKERS AND DON'T MIND THE WEIRDOS!

...at least I don't.....lol   :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!! Woohoo!

Its on a private ranch, my ranch, no admission, no tickets to buy, plenty of 6 feet of clearance for everyone!!

Big Blocks, Small Blocks, L6, Straight Six, Old Hemi, New Hemi, Modern Hemi, Don't care, just love your ride and share the story!

Timothy A. Estrada aka 48Dodger 

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, bkahler said:

One of these years I'd like to make it to the barbeque unfortunately it won't be this year.  I'm hoping to retire at the end of this year which means 2022 or later is a distinct possibility :)

Brad

Lol, Brad Call in sick (sick of missing the “Q” that is) 

48, make sure JT mows the track area real nice but, leave the center grass tall. my goal is to bring “Jimbob” and I might need the tall grass to slow me down should the brakes fail ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

Lol, Brad Call in sick (sick of missing the “Q” that is) 

This year would be nice but I'd really like to be able bring my truck and I'm pretty sure it won't be on the road by April.  There is a lot better chance of that happening next year!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

we will try and make it...travel restrictions and airports and all....maybe we'll drive out....can't miss a Q!

Oh my gosh, You are such a tease!  Who is “we”? 

if you end up driving, bring ART, we can park him next to jimbob... it would be like “pick and pull” curb side delivery. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

Oh my gosh, You are such a tease!  Who is “we”? 

if you end up driving, bring ART, we can park him next to jimbob... it would be like “pick and pull” curb side delivery. ?

figured I'd bring Puma to teach those dogs some manners!  :P

• Like 2

Tim could arrange Covid shots at the BBQ for those still left out at that point as you do work in a hospital! ??

Hope this crap is well under control by then so people will able to attend this year!

At least you are being positive about all this! ?

DJ

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There's room for long distance travelers .....just let me know when your're getting here!

We've had folks from Australia and Germany.

We've had many travelers from Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Tennessee and Arizona.

Its more like a family BBQ than a car show.......plenty of Dodge Trucks guys that will have the answer you need, the part you want or understanding your desire to own an old Dodge...lol 

Sometimes it ain't easy being a Dodge Guy in a sea of Other Brands....but here, you'll feel right at home.

48D

IMG_3507.JPG

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'd love to come - but this year isn't it. The GF is up to her eyeballs in Covid testing and vaccinations (she works for the local health department and helps run the drive through clinics). Current work travel restrictions for myself, which could change at any time, would also be problematic. 

I hope you have a fantastic and safe turnout! 

• Like 1

How nice it would be to make the trip across the pond again... but they are suggesting that travel from Oz will not be possible for possibly another 2 years ?

I am well overdue to return... so rest assured that we will be there as soon as our government permits us to travel abroad  ??‍♂️

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Desotodav said:

How nice it would be to make the trip across the pond again... but they are suggesting that travel from Oz will not be possible for possibly another 2 years ?

I am well overdue to return... so rest assured that we will be there as soon as our government permits us to travel abroad  ??‍♂️

wow, 2 YEARS?  Is it due to the long flights?  They say the plane travels is super safe!

A friend of mine, Mike ("skinny mustache guy" from my weeding, sitting w/ Tim and John) said he used to fly to Australia all the time, back in the 80s, chain smoking and drinking the whole way. 

I'd take a handful of  W U H A N  virons in the fuselage over a plume of second hand smoke for 20+ hours (or however long it is).

oops I meant wedding....

• Haha 1

Wow that would be fun, and would bring back a lot of memories. Used to drive through Clements every time I would go from San Jose to Mount Aukum to visit my sister. That's the same area where I got my truck from, Omo Ranch California.

Mom sold the house in San Jose so now, being in Colorado, I come through Lake Tahoe, but still not far from my sister's house. And now Moms in Placerville.

We'll see

Mount Aukum is a nice area....I've worked in Jackson at Sutter Amador Hospital for the last 22 years.....I grew up in San Jose.

In 2007 I went to the  Shenandoah Valley ATHS* Truck Show(classic big rigs) and met Jim Sheppard for the 1st time.

Of course it wasn't by accident, we had chatted on this site (old version) for sometime and wanted to meet.

It was after meeting him and a few others from the forum that the BBQ got its start. 

I think you'll fit right in, lol !

48D

* American Truck Historical Society

Talking to the neighbor tonight who just was out and about flying to see how it went.  Looking good for the wife and I to make it (just gotta try for direct flights)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Talking to the neighbor tonight who just was out and about flying to see how it went.  Looking good for the wife and I to make it (just gotta try for direct flights)!

Julie and I went to Michigan in August, flew into Chicago “O” and it was pleasantly empty! Probably 4x the size of PDX with as many people ? rented a car and drove to the destination. 

LOL on a side note, ask Linda to pack light I’ll pm you with my parts list ?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wohoo!!! Its getting close! Tons to do, but like always.....no one is coming to see the yard!

Everyone's Coming Here To See The Trucks, Cars and Crew!  

I'm gonna need some of you Minnesota cats to show up 3 weeks early to help clean.

Any takers??? Brent, you don't have a choice....see you this weekend. :D

48D

• Haha 1

• 48Dodger changed the title to 14th Annual Clements Tailgate, in Clements California BBQ