Some T5 Conversion Questions

I’m in the process of converting my B2B three speed fluid drive truck to a 5 speed via the S10 T5. I know I can’t use the FD bell housing, clutch disc and (I think) pressure plate. Does anyone know if I can use the FD pedals and throw-out bearing?

Ok, that's why you're coming by for a bell housing.......got it set aside for you.

You're welcome to come by and check measurements here at the ranch...I have both types out of their respective trucks. 

48D 

The pedal arrangement is different on the FD bell housing. Both pedals are on a dedicated shaft/bracket with linkage to their respective actuators. On a standard bell housing the brake and clutch pedals reside on the clutch throw-out shaft. The clutch pedal is different with an associated adjustment piece. The brake pedal is a different part number too, so it is also different. So you will need to use the pedals associated with a standard bell housing. 

Edited by Merle Coggins
  • Like 1